3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2019 1:35 AM by Chandrasekaran Venkataraman

Control-M WLA GUI shows start times one hour ahead after DST.

Chandrasekaran Venkataraman
      Share This:

Hi,

Sydney, Australia switched to daylight time (AEDT - UTC+11) today (06 Oct 2019). This appears to have impacted the job start times shown in the GUI, in that, it is an hour in advance/ahead. However, in the job log, the correct time is displayed. For example, job that actually ran between 09:00 and 09:05 shows as though it ran between 10:00 and 10:05.

The impact seems only cosmetic, although very misleading and inconvenient.

The $CTM_HOME/data/TimeZone.dat file on the Control-M Server still has this:

% grep SYD TimeZone.dat

SYD (GMT+10:00)

The TimeZone.dat on the Control-M/EM server (./etc/cli/data/TimeZone.dat) had GMT+10:00 for SYD, but changing it to GMT+11:00 does not seem to make any difference

% grep SYD ./etc/cli/data/TimeZone.dat

SYD (GMT+11:00)

The following didn't help either:

% grep SYD ./etc/cli/data/TimeZone.dat

SYD (GMT+10:00) FROM 06.10 02:00 TO 05.04 03:00 (GMT+11:00)

I have also changed the TimeZone.dat on the EM Client on my PC (C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M EM 9.0.00\Default\Data\TimeZone.dat) without any luck (have tried to close and open the WLA GUI).

Not sure if I should change the settings on the Control-M/Server as well, as it requires services restart and I do not know how that would impact the jobs' actual start times.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandru V