9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2020 2:01 PM by Laurent Matheo

Innovation Suite-the most simple example of Security Lable doesn't work, i really do not understand how it works

Zi Sang
      Share This:

Hi Everyone,

I have read many articles about security label, please see discussion:

Re: Innovation Suite - How to let user only see the by themself created data records in Record Grid?

Innovation Suite-How to set Record Grid to be visible only for people from the same team?

I did the following most simple demo, and it does not work:

1. In Data Record called "Request", created a security label.

1.png

2. In Every Field of this Record, set Permission of Group for this security label.

2.png

3.Create a Process, just used 2 Activities, first "Remove all Security Label", second one "Set Security Label", in "User Names" i just write a login ID "Test1" of test user.

3.png

4. For test, i have 2 users "test user 1" and "test user 2", both only have the role "Network Secure Request User", which can change every field of the Request.

Now i login as "test user 1" with LoginID "Test1", then created a new Record instance of "Request".

5. Then i login as "test user 2" with LoginID "Test2" and because up till now, i haven't launch the process yes and no security label is added, I as "test user 2" can of course see the data created by "test user 1"

6. So I then login as admin and launch the Process "set security label" manually, the process is "COMPLETED". After that, the record should only be visible to "test user 1"

4.png

7. But, I then login as "test user 2" again, i still see the record! The Security Label does not work!!!

Does anyone knows where is the problem?

Thank you!

Best regards

Zi