11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2019 9:48 PM by Eric Liszt

Error 500 on logon

Sergio Villa
      Share This:

Whenever we have someone login to track-it with their windows credentials they get an error 500 in IE and Edge. But when its removed it works just fine. below is the error we are getting after I had modified the web file.

Server Error in '/TrackIt' Application.

A required anti-forgery token was not supplied or was invalid.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Mvc.HttpAntiForgeryException: A required anti-forgery token was not supplied or was invalid.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpAntiForgeryException (0x80004005): A required anti-forgery token was not supplied or was invalid.] System.Web.Helpers.AntiForgeryWorker.Validate(HttpContextBase context, String salt) +447 System.Web.Helpers.AntiForgery.Validate(HttpContextBase httpContext, String salt) +44 System.Web.Helpers.AntiForgery.Validate() +83 TrackIt.Application.Web.Base.Mvc.ValidateAntiForgeryToken.OnAuthorization(AuthorizationContext filterContext) +108 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAuthorizationFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor) +97 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +310 TrackIt.Application.Web.Framework.MVC.TrackItControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +30 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +103 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +87 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10 TrackIt.Application.Web.Base.Mvc.AspCompatActionsHttpAsyncHandler.OnInit(EventArgs e) +292 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +139 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +408 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3429.0

• 1. Re: Error 500 on logon
          Shradha Khandekar

Hi Sergio,

Could you help me with the version of Track It! you are on? Also please give it a try by clearing the browser cache and cookies before you launch the URL.

If this does not help, please raise a case with support to get assistance on this issue.

Thanks

Shradha

• 2. Re: Error 500 on logon
            Helen Jones

We have the same issue. Our version is Trackit 20.19.3.072. and had been running fine when using 20.19.2.48. We now get this error and is very unstable. After updating to 20.19.3.072 2 weeks ago it took around 60 seconds to log in and now we are getting the "anti-forgery error" The session expires after about 2 minutes. 

• 3. Re: Error 500 on logon
              Sergio Villa

I am on version 20.19.03.072 I even loaded a vanilla server and I am still getting that error message with windows login.

• 4. Re: Error 500 on logon
                Sergio Villa

have you tried going into IIS manager exploring to your trackit site and editing the web file for session timeout?

• 5. Re: Error 500 on logon
                  Sergio Villa

I have submitted a ticket to them and there response is " if you click ok you can work in the system" I'm not having all my users use that as a solution.

• 6. Re: Error 500 on logon
                    Kevin Fusselman

Did you ever find a resolution to this? We upgraded last night and are experiencing the same issue.

• 7. Re: Error 500 on logon
                      Sergio Villa

No we didn't get any resolution there response is its a known issue and that they don't know when it will be fixed. so far the only workaround is to have them use local accounts and not windows authentication, if you use windows authentication you will also have a timeout issue where if you set it in IIS it will ignore that timeout. Hope this helps but here is the known issue that they created https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=kA21O000000dKlhSAE&type=Solution https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=kA21O000000dKlhSAE&type=Solution

• 8. Re: Error 500 on logon
                        Eric Liszt

Hi Sergio Villa, Kevin Fusselman and Helen Jones,

The development team is aware of this issue and is working on a resolution for it.  If you haven't open a ticket yet, please do as it will allow us to contact you when the issue is resolved.  You can mention to your technician that you believe  your issue is related to defect ID DRZOZ-20130 and if it is the same issue that you'd like your ticket linked to it.

If the technician validates that the issue you are reporting is the same one as described in the defect, the technician will then close your ticket, but will retain the link between it and the defect.  As soon as the defect is resolved, we'll then reach out to you to notify you.

Thanks!

• 9. Re: Error 500 on logon
                          Eric Liszt

Sergio Villa, I'm sorry to hear that this is how the situation was communicated to you.  It should have been explained that this is a workaround while we investigate the issue and work to develop a fix.

• 10. Re: Error 500 on logon
                            Sergio Villa

Hello Eric,

I appreciate the time you have taken to help with this issue. My team and I understand that there are bugs in updates that get pushed or certain features that will break during update, but we do expect some kind of communication to be coming from the support team. When we first went live with 20.19.03 it was very difficult navigating through some of the areas and setting it up, the BMC Support team did a fantastic job with helping with the settings. After we started to submit tickets on this error message above and other tickets and did not receive the type of support we received when we first migrated. As we submit these tickets we are starting to get reply's back from technicians now saying "this is a defect in our system" ticket closes and they attach that ticket to a defect ticket. We have not had any updates on any of our defect tickets or current tickets sent in. Going forward I hope that the BMC support team can actually help or respond with correct information on tickets.

PS

The link you supplied in your previous email does not work.

• 11. Re: Error 500 on logon
                              Eric Liszt

Hi Sergio,

First of all, thanks for the feedback.  I really appreciate it.

I think one thing that may help is for us to provide a bit more clarity on the process around defects.

The key thing to know here is that in most cases, once we've determined that the issue you are experiencing is due to a product defect, and once we've either created a defect record or linked your case to an existing defect record, there will be no additional updates until the defect is actually resolved and the fix is delivered..

In most cases, defects are fixed and delivered as part of the next release of the product.  Typically Track-It! releases come out about once each quarter.   I say this simply to set the expectation that this is the process for addressing the bulk of defects that may be found.   As such, once the defect is created or your case is linked to a defect, the next update would come once the next release of the product is available and we email you to let you know your defect has been resolved.

That said, there are always exceptions to this process.  This includes situations where a defect materially prevents a customers from being able to use the system as designed or where a security risk is created.  In these situations, is it possible a fix would be delivered as a hotfix prior to the next release of the product.

Regardless of the resolution method, we notify all customers who have a case linked to the defect via email immediately upon the release of the product or the target fix so long as they have a case linked to the defect record.

The attached doc, below,  provides a lot of good information regarding our support process and what to expect. 

Eric

Customer Support Process Overview  – Track-It! 2019-08-21.pdf