5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2019 7:36 AM by Paul Tipping

Add users by a workspace level

Bruno Domingues
      Share This:

Is there a way to make power users (power agents) to be able to add users /Agents to a workspace where the power agent is workspace admin?

In FP11 we could empower a workspace admin to manage the users on their own.

How can we do this on FP201x?

• 1. Re: Add users by a workspace level
          Larry Mitchell

By power user are you referring to making someone an administrator with limited abilities?

If so, you would need to create a new system role. Then for that role you can modify the System Permissions.

Expand the Administration page, there you can fine tune what that new role can do. Then you can assign that new role in place of the power user's current role.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Add users by a workspace level
            Bruno Domingues

I was wondering if a Helpdesk workspace administrator could add users (agents and customers) to his workspace like we had in v11.

NOw in v12 when you add just the users administration you can add and change any user on any workspace

• 3. Re: Add users by a workspace level
              Larry Mitchell

I didn't do much admin in FP11, but I did add folks to my workspace on occasion so I have an idea of what you mean. I think FP11 allowed you to assign workspace admins, whereas FP12 doesn't work that way, admin permissions are for all work spaces.

In our FP12 environment we currently only have one workspace. I would think if you are going to give someone permissions to another workspace you would do it by assigning a role to that workspace.

So an admin would only need to have System Permissions of "Manage Users"

They would edit a user

"Assign Containers to User" - check the box next to the workspace and assign a role

They may have to check other boxes as well if there are other containers in that workspace the user will need access to.

If part of assigning someone to a workspace also involves assigning them to certain teams then the admin would also need System Permissions of "Manage Teams" - this is how our environment is setup, our limited admins responsible for adding and removing users can only manage teams and users.

• 4. Re: Add users by a workspace level
                Nicolas Roome

The concept of a Workspace Administrator isn't as functional or widely used as it was in version 11. You can configure someone to administrate a workspace. They can admin anything within that workspace... fields, forms, business rules, workflows, email templates, etc.

However, things like user management, role management, and team management falls under System Administration (as does email).

It takes a decent amount of training and A LOT of trust to make someone a workspace administrator, that it can often be a dangerous practice. IMO.

• 5. Re: Add users by a workspace level
                  Paul Tipping

roles.png

As Larry points ouot earlier the was is to create a new system role. Then modify the System Permissions.

Expand the Administration page, there you can allow the role to Manage users.

This comes with the ability to delete users as well as add.