4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2019 2:01 PM by Sonia Agarwal Branched to a new discussion.

How to look up details about a defect?

Sonia Agarwal
      Share This:

Hi,

Where can I find the list of all existing known defects (not just related to me) in BMC Footprints (20.19.02)?

Also, how can I look up details about a defect? Like details of DRZNZ-5560 are here.

Thanks,
      Sonia

• 2. Re: How to look up details about a defect?
          Sonia Agarwal

Thank you Vern Meyer for your quick reply. The link you provided has list of defects that are fixed in 20.19.01 or 20.19.02 release. I am looking for a list of issues that are known but not fixed yet.

Also, how I look up any issue details using DRZNZ-**** number?

Sonia

• 3. Re: How to look up details about a defect?
            Nicolas Roome

BMC does not publish (publicly) a list of Known Defects. BMC generally will include a few known defects into that list, but I'm not sure there is a specific pattern or reason for it.

Generally, if you want information on a specific defect, you'd have to reach out to your Support Provider. Just be aware that BMC generally cannot provide information as to when they plan to fix a specific defect.

Is there a specific defect you're looking for?

There is only so much I can share publicly, but what I'd like to say is that the list of open defects has been on a downwards trend since January 2018, and although BMC has not released the 20.19.02 defect list (ie: all defects opened as of the 20.19.02 release, and NOT the defects introduced in 20.19.02), the defect list has been reduced by 36% between 20.19.01 and 12.1.09. I should point out that I am getting this number based on my own data sets and information I am compiling based on the BMC published Known Defects lists.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 4. Re: How to look up details about a defect?
              Sonia Agarwal

Thanks NIck, I understand that those will be outstanding issues in BMC not introduced in the new release.

I can see a list of Known issues (including not fixed in that version) in release documentation of 20.18.03.

I wasn't looking for specific one. I had an issue and wanted to see if that is already reported and if there is a workaround for that.

I will submit a support ticket.

Sonia