3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2019 10:51 AM by Antonio Batista

One some devices,  some Softwares installed don't appear on the Scanned Applications

Antonio Batista
      Share This:

Hi,

I detect something very  strange one some devices, the scanned application list the installed software but don't list some office Applications like Outlook, Word or OneNote for example.

I need to create a report with version of office applications are installed but on some devices some apear the "Office Office 365 ProPlus", and on another's devices have the "Office Office 365 ProPlus" and the Outlook, Word, Excel ...

I create a OP to update the Software Inventory but don't resolve.

In another test I uninstall and install de BCM agent, the Outlook, Word and Excel appear but some time later desapear and only appear the  "Office Office 365 ProPlus"

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 14.48.47.png

OK!

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 15.02.41.png

NOK !Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 15.05.29.png

• 1. Re: One some devices,  some Softwares installed don't appear on the Scanned Applications
          Philipp Ernicke

Hi Antonio,

please take a look at Windows system control - add/remove programs.

If your software is not listed there BCM will them not show them in the console  it's just a mirror.

Nevertheless I know there are cases BCM shows software (type "add/remove") there are not installed under this name.

Example is Adobe CC Suite. If you install Photoshop, Bridge etc etc BCM will only show "Adobe CC Suite" in the console but not the subprograms or at least not all subprograms. Maybe the Software Cataloge overrides something, I do not know.

You could take a look at the registry too.

hklm software microsoft windows currentversion uninstall

If the program entry has "system component"-key set to 1 the installed program will not shown neither in system control nor BCM.

Phil

• 2. Re: One some devices,  some Softwares installed don't appear on the Scanned Applications
            Dominik Kress

Hi Philipp Ernicke,

please take a look at Windows system control - add/remove programs.

If your software is not listed there BCM will them not show them in the console  it's just a mirror.

That's correct as long as in the BCM inventroy only the "Type" Add/Remove Programs is checked. However Antonio Batista uses also the EXE scan. And with the EXE scan each EXE file on the device should be found and also shown in the inventory.

Antonio Batista

In another test I uninstall and install de BCM agent, the Outlook, Word and Excel appear but some time later desapear and only appear the  "Office Office 365 ProPlus"

Could you please check the ./log/operationalrule.log file on this client? Looks for me like BCM does what it should after the agent is installed and afterwards the agent does recieve an OR which changes the configuration. In the operationalrules.log you are able to identify all ORs which have been run on the device and it does not matter if the OR is still assigned or already unassigned. 

Regards,

Dominik

• 3. Re: One some devices,  some Softwares installed don't appear on the Scanned Applications
              Antonio Batista

Hi Dominik Kress,

Thank you for your help, the device received somes OR after installed BCM, but I don't have capable to determine what OR changed the configurations.

I go open one support case to Support Team to help me !