7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2019 6:21 AM by Cris Coffey

BCM synchronization failed

Philipp Ernicke
      Share This:

Hi,

our customer has the problem that the asset synch fails.

BCM and TI are installed at the same server but BCM was installed a few weeks ago (DB: servername\sqlexpress "bcmdb") and TI today (DB: servername\Trackit "trackit").

Server and DB connect worked without problems but we can't synch the assets: "Synchronization failed" (no real error message).

I tried to run the BcmOobXmlImport.exe but I got the following error:

otsuka.png

Any idea what we did wrong?

Thans in advance,

Phil

• 1. Re: BCM synchronization failed
          Ashish Mahajan

Hi Philipp,

Is the Admin user password changed on BCM? If yes, then the new password needs to be passed as a third parameter to the utility.

Check the “Note” on the following help page:

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/trackit2019/en/setting-up-bmc-client-management-852581301.html#SettingupBMCClientManagement-TomanuallyconfigureBMCClientManagementinTrack-It!

Thanks,

Ashish

• 2. Re: BCM synchronization failed
            Philipp Ernicke

Which admin?

There is no default password for the "admin" because it's blank til the first login at BCM console.

And if you install TI afterwards, you have to create or choose an admin for 'server connection' by yourself, the "Track-It!"-admin doesn't exist in BCM from the beginning and there is no word in the docu to create exactly this admin as a requirement for asset synch.

- Therefore there are no default password and no default admin credentials too

I would say the documentation is a bit sketchy.

Do I understand you right, I have to create the "Track-It!" admin in BCM and I have to use the password from this admin as third parameter?

Thanks,

Phil

• 3. Re: BCM synchronization failed
              Ashish Mahajan

BCM is installed with a default out of the box “Admin” user with a blank password and if you happen to launch BCM console first time then password of this “admin” user needs to be changed as BCM doesn’t proceed unless the password is not changed.

In that context, if the password of this default user is changed then that needs to be supplied as a third parameter to the utility:

BcmOobXmlImport

All the objects which Track-It! BCM integration requires including “Track-It!” user are imported in BCM with successful execution of this utility.

I would suggest to contact Support team if you are still facing the issue.

Thanks,

Ashish

• 4. Re: BCM synchronization failed
                Philipp Ernicke

Aaaah, okay.

I will try it with the BCM "admin" password and reply.

Thanks!

• 5. Re: BCM synchronization failed
                  Cris Coffey

You may also want to verify you are connecting to the correct BCM and that you only have 1 BCM server. From the sentence below from your first post, it sounds like you have 2 copies of BCM installed. The first one and then the one installed with Track-It!

"BCM and TI are installed at the same server but BCM was installed a few weeks ago"

• 6. Re: BCM synchronization failed
                    Philipp Ernicke

Hi Chris,

no, there are not 2 BCM's installed - is the even possible on the same server?

It's like I said. BCM (SQLExpress2014) was installed a few weeks ago and then Track-It today (without BCM, I unchecked the box; SQLExpress2012wAF).

Never mind, it worked for me with the third parameter!

But I have another question. TI only imported/imports 3 devices I created by hand but not a single (un)managed device. If I start the synch there are "0 new devices"

What did I wrong? Why does TI not import the ~50 unmanaged devices and the 2 managed devices (master + 1 laptop) ?

Thanks in advance,

Philipp

• 7. Re: BCM synchronization failed
                      Cris Coffey

How did you originally install BCM without Track-It! ? The Track-It! installation program will not allow you to install BCM without installing Track-It!  Did you happen to use a full BCM installer?  If so, Track-It! wasn’t able to configure it with all the proper settings needed and you will likely need to contact support for help setting up all the required BCM object settings.