5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2019 1:29 PM by Andrew Waters

Displaying additional relationships

Ludvig Cassel
      Share This:

Hi,

I am running Discovery 11.3 and trying to figure out how to display additional relationship on nodes.

Example: Dependency relationship between SoftwareComponent and DatabaseDetail -> the relationship is defined in taxonomy but not displayed on either node.

I can query Discovery and see that the relationship exists. I have not been able to find any documentation on how to display a relationship which is not displayed by default.

• 1. Re: Displaying additional relationships
          Andrew Waters

The only way to display more relationships is by writing a taxonomy extension file to extend the standard taxonomy to include the additional relationships.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Displaying additional relationships
            Ludvig Cassel

Hi Andrew,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but your answer seems like the proper solution when the relationship is NOT defined in taxonomy. Have I understood you correctly?

In my case the relationship IS defined in taxonomy, it is just not displayed when you view one of the nodes with this relationship.

If a taxonomy extension is necessary, could you please point me to some documentation/resource/example that describes how you write one?

I am aware of the tw_tax_import command but I cannot seem to find any information on how an extension is actually written.

• 3. Re: Displaying additional relationships
              Andrew Waters

No. Just because the relationship is defined in the taxonomy does not mean that is shown in the UI.

The atrt_list+"Node" specifies what is shown when a node is viewed. So if the relationship is not shown you need a taxonomy extension to override the default list of shown values.

There is no currently no documentation for defining taxonomy extensions. How you would do it depends exactly on the change you are trying to make.

• 4. Re: Displaying additional relationships
                Ludvig Cassel

Hi Andrew,

Okay I understand, thanks for clearing that up!

Well in my case I want to visualize the following relationship on both SoftwareComponent and DatabaseDetail:

SoftwareComponent:Dependant:Dependency:DependedUpon:DatabaseDetail

Do you have any suggestion on how I should proceed?

• 5. Re: Displaying additional relationships
                  Andrew Waters

You need something along the lines of

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<taxonomy>

<mode>merge</mode>

<node kind="SoftwareComponent">

<relationships>

<known-rel description="Database Detail upon which this Software Component depends" dqi="0.9" flags="optional"

name="depends_on_databasedetail" spec="Dependant:Dependency:DependedUpon:DatabaseDetail">

<option name="PRESENTATION_TYPE">

<string>relationship::inline_summary</string>

</option>

</known-rel>

</relationships>

<attr_list type="node" mode="after">

<field name="depends_on_detail" type="link" />

<field name="depends_on_databasedetail" type="link" />

</attr_list>

</node>

</taxonomy>