2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2019 8:17 AM by Willa Ou

disable and enable IBRSD

VENKATESWARA RAO KALI
      Share This:

Hi Team,

How can i disable IBRSD while Remedy upgrade and enable IBRSD after Remedy upgrade. Please let me know the process ASAP.

• 1. Re: disable and enable IBRSD
          Roland Pocek

hi VENKATESWARA RAO KALI

how about stopping and disabling the IBRSD or BSR service?

cheers

rop

• 2. Re: disable and enable IBRSD
            Willa Ou

VENKATESWARA,

It depends if you want tickets to be created after Remedy is up for the events happened during the time when Remedy is down.

1) If you do want the delayed tickets, you can stop IBRSD/BSR, this will cause all ticket-able events queued at the cell connected to IBRSD/BSR. Or if you don't stop IBRSD/BSR, this will cause all ticket-able events queued at IBRSD/BSR.

Having excessive number of ticket-able events queued at either cell or IBRSD/BSR can be problematic: After Remedy is up, your current and most relevant events are waiting behind a huge backlog that may take hours for Remedy to process.

2) If you don't want the delayed tickets, you need to stop the propagation between the cell and IBRSD/BSR.  If you use a propagation policy, you need to disable that policy. If you use a propagation rule in MRL code, you need to change the code and add some kind of control flag before propagation and use a policy to set the control flag.

In one of my past customer projects, the customer had Remedy OnDemand which was on extended maintenance from time to time. I used method 2) above and it worked very well.

Hope it helps,

Willa Ou

willa_ou@worldopus.com

3 of 3 people found this helpful