1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2019 10:35 AM by Cris Coffey

Uploading multiple assets into TrackIt 20.19.02

Tasha Helton
      Share This:

Hi, I see some conversations about an inventory tool in Trackit to possibly do a Mass upload of assets into Trackit but I was wondering if this is something that can be done without the BMC Client Asset Management Tool and Licenses (agents and auto-discovery). I would like a way to add multiple assets at one time (computer name, company asset ID and MAC address at minimum).

Thank you,

Tasha Helton

System Analyst

• 1. Re: Uploading multiple assets into TrackIt 20.19.02
          Cris Coffey

Track-It! does not have an import utility to import records from outside Track-It! There is a migration tool which can import data from Track-It! 11 to Track-It! 2019 but that is all Track-It! offers. I believe BMC Client Management (which stores all the assets for Track-It! 2019) has an import utility but I am not familiar with exactly how it works. In theory though, you should be able to import these records into BMC Client Management and then they would appear in the Asset Management module in Track-It!

I found this topic in the BMC Client Management documentation - https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/BCM129/Manuallypopulatingdevice+groups#Manuallypopulatingdevicegroups-ImportingdevicesfromaCSVfile

1 of 1 people found this helpful