Footprints Service Core 11.x - How do I integrate Telephony 

Any comments/advice is appreciated.  Thanks

• 1. Re: Integrating CTI (Avaya) and BMC FootPrints 11.x
          Linda Kirkpatrick

Sure! what do you need to know?

• 2. Re: Integrating CTI (Avaya) and BMC FootPrints 11.x
            Patrick Chaney

Here are my questions/comments:

·        It appears that most of the configuration is on the Avaya side?

·        Are there added costs from Avaya or BMC?

·        How does it work if a caller is calling from a call center number?  A generic number?

·        We are using Single-Sign On:  Does the agent still have to check “Remember My Password”?

·        Do other agents other than the Service Desk agents also have to check “Remember My Password”?

Anything else you’d like to share is great.  Screenshots?  How has the user experience been?  Does it work better in one browser compared to another? 

• 3. Re: Integrating CTI (Avaya) and BMC FootPrints 11.x
              Linda Kirkpatrick

It appears that most of the configuration is on the Avaya side? This is absolutely correct.  The avaya soft phone component launches either the address book or a new ticket form and prefills either with the  info it can match from the phone system to the contact record. 

·        Are there added costs from Avaya or BMC? nope! Not sure about avaya but i doubt it.

·        How does it work if a caller is calling from a call center number?  no contact would be matched. 

·        We are using Single-Sign On:  Does the agent still have to check “Remember My Password”?  Not sure that this matters - the phone system basically has the FPSC Window in its softphone browser

·        Do other agents other than the Service Desk agents also have to check “Remember My Password”? Again, not sure.  sorry!

Its Its been years since i've deployed FPSC V11 CTI, so i dont have any screenshots, sorry!  Here is some copy pasta from the FPSC V11.x Reference Guide:

Telephony Integration BMC FootPrints Service Core can easily integrate with an existing local or hosted telephony solution.  For this integration to occur, the telephony solution must be able to open a web browser on an Agent's PC with a specific URL when the a call is routed to the Agent.  A successful integration, upon arrival of the call, automatically open theBMC FootPrints Service Core Create Issue screen with the customer information fields completed, opens the Details screen of an existing issue, or opens the Edit screen of an existing issue.  For the customer lookup to take place, the telephony solution must pass a unique identifier to BMC FootPrints Service Core.  The following example uses phone number.    Create Issues To configure BMC FootPrints Service Core with your telephony solution to create issues containing customer information: While logged in as a System Administrator, enable Remember My Password cookies by selecting Administration | System | System Preferences. Configure your telephony solutions to open a web browser on the appropriate Agent's PC with the following URL: http://your_footPrints_domain_name/MRcgi/MRlogin.pl?DIRECTLOGIN=1&PERFORM_SELECT_CON TACT=1&DOWHAT=REGISTER&Phone=732-555-1112 The last variable in the URL, Phone in this example, is what BMC FootPrints Service Core uses to lookup the contact information in the BMC FootPrints Service Coree Address Book. This can be any field or multiple fields in the BMC FootPrints Service Core Address Book. To pass more than one field for Address Book lookup, add each name/value pair, separated by an ampersand (&).  BMC FootPrints Service Core only returns the record if all of the fields passed in the URL match. NOTE The field name passed in the URL can be different than how it appears in BMC FootPrints Service Core, but must match the correct format in the database.  For example, Last Name would be Last__bName.  For assistance with this, contact BMC Support. Prior to logging into BMC FootPrints Service Core, each Agent must check the Remember My Password box.  This creates a cookie on the Agent's PC, after which the Agent is no longer prompted for the username and password when logging into BMC FootPrints Service Coree. Open to Details Page To configure BMC FootPrints Service Core with your telephony solution to open to the Details Screen: While logged in as a System Administrator, Enable “Remember My Password” Cookies from the System Preferences screen of the System Administration Menu. Configure your telephony solution to open a web browser on the appropriate agents PC with the following URL: http://your_footPrints_domain_name/MRcgi/MRlogin.pl?DOWHAT=JUMPTOTICKET&MR=issue_number&PROJECTID=work space_number

BMC FootPrints Service Core Reference Guide 11.6

Numara Software Confidential. BMC Software Confidential. 504

Open to Edit Screen To configure BMC FootPrints Service Core with your telephony solution to open to the Edit Screen: While logged in as a System Administrator, Enable “Remember My Password” Cookies from the System Preferences screen of the System Administration Menu. Configure your telephony solution to open a web browser on the appropriate agents PC with the following URL: http://your_footPrints_domain_name/MRcgi/MRlogin.pl?DOWHAT=JUMP_TO_EDIT& MR=issue_number Each agent prior to logging must check the “Remember My Password” box. This will create a cookie on the agent's PC and will no longer prompt the agent to login to BMC FootPrints Service Core.    Override Default Workspace An alternate workspace other than the agent’s default workspace can be specified by adding “&PROJECTID+the_workspace_number” to any of the above examples: http://your_footPrints_domain_name/MRcgi/MRlogin.pl?DIRECTLOGIN=1&DOWHAT=JUMP_TO_EDIT&MR=issue_n umber&PROJECTID=workspace_number

1 of 1 people found this helpful