7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2019 2:06 PM by Eric Plunk

Sort Order seems to not work

Eric Plunk
      Share This:

As seen here --> Discovery

The "newest" content at the top of the list was created over six years ago.

Sort-Order__c.png

• 1. Re: Sort Order seems to not work
          Brice-Emmanuel Loiseaux

Vishnu Nair is this a known bug on the communities?

• 2. Re: Sort Order seems to not work
            Vishnu Nair

Sorry for the late reply. The link that Eric has shared looks indeed buggy. When I navigate normally, I see a different set of options altogether. (screenshot below)

Brice, what's the experience that you have; Is it like Eric's, or mine? This is most possibly a cache issue where that dropdown option from 'All Content' section was kept even after switching to 'Ideas'. It would be great to also know if flushing the cache changes what Eric see in the Content page. Based on that I can engage our customer care for further investigation.

ideation error - discovery.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Sort Order seems to not work
              Eric Plunk

Vishnu,

How did you navigate to that link?

I flushed the cache and re-opened the Chrome browser.  I tried 2 different methods, and both show the same drop-down options as in my original post.  Also checked with IE, and I saw the same drop-down choices.

Thanks,

Eric

• 4. Re: Sort Order seems to not work
                Vishnu Nair

The usual flow: Products dropdown > Discovery > Discovery Home > Content > Ideas

Since we have different experience, let's check with others as well. Is there any of your friends who gets the same dropdown options like you?

Let's check with Brice-Emmanuel Loiseaux too!   I can involve customer care based on our initial observations.

• 5. Re: Sort Order seems to not work
                  Brice-Emmanuel Loiseaux

When I use the following navigation flow Discovery Home > Content > Ideas, I get what Vishnu captured in the snapshot.

If I click the link provided by Eric (not sure how you get it, possibly an old bookmark from an old version of the community), I get what his snapshot shows. But as soon as I select another option filter like "Sort by Date created: newest first" for example, when the page refreshes, it displays Vishnu's snapshot and the previous filter options related to Date created are not available anymore.

Eric, do you have the same experience?

• 6. Re: Sort Order seems to not work
                    Brice-Emmanuel Loiseaux

Playing a bit more it seems like the Date created filters are only not available for Ideas. If you select back other types of content like "Discussions" or "All Content" you get a different choice of filters with Date created ones.

• 7. Re: Sort Order seems to not work
                      Eric Plunk

community-bookmark.png

The URL in the screenshot above is the bookmark I use, which is the same as "Discovery Home" in the navigations below.

Vishnu = Products dropdown > Discovery > Discovery Home > Content > Ideas

Brice-Emmanuel = Discovery Home > Content > Ideas

I followed both of your navigations.  I frequently use the Ideas link in the header, which is circled in the screenshot above.  This navigation does not have the sort-order option.

Maybe a website admin could add a column for "Date Created".  I think that's more valuable than "Latest Activity."

It's just a sort-order.  I guess it doesn't really matter, and it's probably not worth continuing.