1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2019 3:36 PM by Daniel Hudsky

CMDBOutput for relationships keeps creating new relationships

Daniel Hudsky
      Share This:

Hi there,

I have created a relationship job that creates new relationships using the CMDBOutput.

It should only create it once, but it keeps creating new relationships every time I run the job no matter what setting I change.

I've tried all the options included with the CMDB Output step, such as:

- Only insert new CIs: Checked and Not Checked (both tested)

- Always Insert CIs: Not checked

- Use Cache : Not used

- Use CheckSum: Not used.

I even added a qualification string with

'Destination.InstanceId' = "<computer system instanceid>" and 'Source.InstanceId' = "<application instance id>"

and then

'Destination.InstanceId' != "<computer system instanceid>" and 'Source.InstanceId' != "<application instance id>"

None of these seem to make a difference. The job just keeps creating duplicate relationships over and over. Is this is some cache issue?

It should create relationship once and done.

• 1. Re: CMDBOutput for relationships keeps creating new relationships
          Daniel Hudsky

Never mind. I found that one of the comparators was missing in the list. Hence no comparison was used and the relations were created because it had no way of checking the instance id's. I think it's odd that the step and transformation was saving with that missing. it's fairly easy to over look that.

The error was saying that, but did not specify "which" comparator and between which fields.

Cool.. well, answered myself this time, but thanks for the opportunity to share.

Daniel

1 of 1 people found this helpful