5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2019 10:18 AM by Gustavo del Gerbo

SCCM Import job

Mahamadou Traore
      Share This:

Hi Experts,

We have installed SCCM Adapter plugin, job and transformation have been created successfully. After some adaptation all the transformation run correctly.

Even though I was able to run the job without any issue, there are somes steps that I don't understand what they do exactly. So I need experts explanations for those steps

1- What are they used for?

2- What they do in the transformation?

----- ARInput step---- : NGIE:Delta form : What is stored in this form?

'TransName'= "${Internal.Transformation.Name}"= What is returned by this qualification? '"${Internal.Transformation.Name}" : Where this variable is declared?

What this does? And it is used for?

What do we mean here? There is no entry in this step

What are those constant used for?

What is this script does?

And lasltly, these steps

Thank you Experts for your helps

• 1. Re: SCCM Import job
          Gustavo del Gerbo

----- ARInput step---- : NGIE:Delta form : What is stored in this form?

'TransName'= "${Internal.Transformation.Name}"= What is returned by this qualification? '"${Internal.Transformation.Name}" : Where this variable is declared?

Internal.Transformation.Name si the name of the Transformation in Pentaho.

The variable is not declared, is always available, kind of a system variable.

So ARInput is used to fetch a Delta (if needed) from NGIE:Delta form, using this transformation name as the key. Each transformation will have a delta for their own use.

If you want to use the Delta, you also need to define a variable IsDelta_<TransformationName> and set it to either Y or y.

For exmaple if your transformation is named "Example". You can define IsDelta_Example variable and set the value to Y for the transformation to be run in delta mode.

----

The Calculator step is just used to set some constant and standard value that may be used later.

---

Response is used in the case you want to mark the SCCM database records as "migrated". Using these steps you could make the job talk back to SCCM database and marked the records as "yes they moved to CMDB" or "no they did not move to CMDB".

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SCCM Import job
            Ganesh Gore

Basically Delta is calculated based on Last run date and time of particular job/transformation. 

Once the job/transformation is executed, system maintenance its last run in NGE delta form so next time system knows what is the delta coming from SCCM. Only those records will be imported to the system. Thats the reason first run always takes time compare to subsequent runs. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: SCCM Import job
              Mahamadou Traore

Thank you Gustavo for this explanation,

It helps me to have a better understanding. When said for the ''response step'' make the job talk back to SCCM. Is that mean we are writing in SCCM database?

Regards,

• 4. Re: SCCM Import job
                Nick Caulfield

I'm pretty sure nothing writes back to the SCCM database. We use it and the ID we have to connect to that database should be read-only

• 5. Re: SCCM Import job
                  Gustavo del Gerbo

Yes, you are writing a "response" back to the source DB, that means the SCCM DB.