3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2019 12:53 AM by Ajinkya Mulay

Truesight Smart Reporting Installation tips required

Ashish Kangaokar
      Share This:

Hi Community,

I am installing TrueSight Smart Reporting and there are some confusions.

**Please note my area of doubts in the below paragraph has '?' question mark, please help me answering them

1) TrueSight smart reporting is installed ( it created a database named TSSRDB and a DB user TSSRUSER) in the SQL server.

2) It didnt get connected to TSPS stating that it needs Reporting engine configured.

3) BMC Docs states that before installing reporting engine, we need to run a create_sql_user.bat file on the sql server machine in order to create user, filegroup for the reporting engine

while running this script it asks for details like

DB name: What DB name needs to be fed here? the one created by smart reporting? (TSSRDB)

Instance name: MSSQLSERVER

Port:1433

SA credentials: SA username and password

and SQL Server login: which login details need to be fed here? TSSRUSER? which was created by the smart reporting? or SQL management studio username and password?

also when installing Reporting engine (installation wizard)

following are the details asked after selecting the DB

FQDN of the SQL server: Database FQDN

Port:1433

Instance name:MSSQLSERVER

Database name: ? (TSSRDB?)

login: ? (TSSRUSER?)

password:?

confirm password

• 1. Re: Truesight Smart Reporting Installation tips required
          Ajinkya Mulay

Hello Ashish

Smart Reporting and Report engine are two different component and require separate databases.

As mentioned smart reporting is already installed with DB(TSSRDB), now you need to install Report Engine. For that you need to execute create_sql_user.bat file and need to provide some other name for database, user and login. You can not use same DB for smart reporting and report engine. (you can use same host where DB is installed but different database).

Make sure you configure Smart Reporting at the time of installing Report Engine.

Thanks

Ajinkya 

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Truesight Smart Reporting Installation tips required
            Ashish Kangaokar

Please help me answering the statements ending with '?' (Questionamark)

okay! got it now I know that we need separate Databases for Smart reporting and Reporting engine.

For reporting engine I will create a new DB that will be reportingenginedb (just for your referrence)

But the create_sql_user asks for some following information:

what all I know are

Database server name:

Instance name:

Port number

sysadmin (SA) credentials

database name: (a separate database which is created for reporting engine) ( as per your idea)

What I dont know are:

SQL server Authentication? is this referring SA?

database login name:   Which login name?

database login password:

database user name: which username?filegroup? what is the recomendded path for this?

also after running this script

the reporting engine installation wizard (refer screenshot attached)wizard.PNG  asks for

database name? which name? reportingenginedb?

and username password ? which username password? and why does it ask for confriming the password? is it again creating a new user?

• 3. Re: Truesight Smart Reporting Installation tips required
              Ajinkya Mulay

SQL server Authentication? is this referring SA?

-Authentication type of the SQL server, normally it should be SQL server authentication.

database login name:   Which login name?

- Login is similar as username, while running the batch file, you can provide any name for login.

database login password:

- password that you want to set for login.

database user name: which username?filegroup? what is the recomendded path for this?

- Here while running the batch file you need to give new name for user and login which is not there on sql server database. this batch file will create this user and login.

And while installing RE on installation wizard, you need to provide the same details for user name and login which you created by running the batch file.

Installation wizard will not create any user or login.

Thanks

Ajinkya

2 of 2 people found this helpful