1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2019 10:11 AM by Ganesh Gore

Asset People Relationship

ARPO SARKAR
      Share This:

Hello All,

I am working on one Integration where I have to create CI and its relationships as per the data send by the third party tool.

So Basically I have created one staging form to receive all the information from the third party tool for e.g: CI Name , CI description, Tag number, Primary Login ID, Secondary login ID etc.

With the help of a filter I am creating the CI's in the Core form, So we have another filter which will do  Set Fields first for these fields People ID , Full Name and Login ID  and set the values in my Staging form, In that same filter I have written a Push Fields for creating the People relationship on the AST:AssetPeople form.

So my requirement is to Push Primary Owner, secondary Owner as Owned by and another relationship as Approved by.

I have written a Filter which i have explained earlier that

1: Set Fields

2: Push Fields

Issue is Primary Owner relationship is getting created but other two relationships is not getting created.

Can you guys help me in figure out this issue?

• 1. Re: Asset People Relationship
          Sinisa Mikor

Hello Arpo,

how many times is your filter called, once or thrice?  Are you using looping to call it as many times as necessary, perhaps?

• 2. Re: Asset People Relationship
            ARPO SARKAR

Hello Mikor,

I have done both

I have included in 3 Set Fields and 3 Push fields in 1 Filter , as it was pushing only one relationship not the others then I have created Separate Filter for each relationship creation so 3 filters

First Filter:

Set Fields then Push Fields, again Set fields then Push Fields and again Set Fields and Push Fields

Second One :

I have broke into three Filters

Each is having Set Field Push fields

Let me know if you required more information

• 3. Re: Asset People Relationship
              Ankit Tiwari

The second approach which you mentioned, 3 filters each with set field to set people information and push field to push people details to AST: AssetPeople form should work fine.

Is that too not working ? Did you capture filter log and check whether all the filters are executing properly ? You can add them all in guide to run them in proper sequence.

Regards,

Ankit

• 4. Re: Asset People Relationship
                ARPO SARKAR

Hello Ankit,

Second Approach is also not working .

For E.g : First Filter: Set the People information and then Push the Primary Owners information to AST:AssetPeople to create the relationship( It is working fine)

Second Filter: Set the People information and then Push the Secondary Owners information to AST:AssetPeople to create the relationship( Set Field is working but Push field is not working)

Can you please help

• 5. Re: Asset People Relationship
                  Ankit Tiwari

Did you override this filters ? If not then override this filters and try. Also add all filters in guide and try.

Regards,

Ankit

• 6. Re: Asset People Relationship
                    ARPO SARKAR

Hello Ankit,

We have created the Filter Guide  and added both the Filters but then also it is not working.

Anything else can you suggest?

Thanks

Arpo

• 7. Re: Asset People Relationship
                      Sinisa Mikor

As it seems that filter containing push fields action gets triggered, but the action itself doesn't, I suspect that either qualification or conditions defined in action prevent it from executing (e.g. If Any Requests Match may be set to Take No Action and if qualification for push fields actions is identical in first and second/third filter, update would be prevented).  Either check those yourself (be careful not to overwrite the same record with additional filter) or post here and someone will suggest what to change, if necessary.

• 8. Re: Asset People Relationship
                        ARPO SARKAR

Hello Mikor,

Thanks for your update I have tested all the filters with different  different qualification but it did not worked so I have given same qualification now.

Please find the attached screen shots below

Relationship 1 Set Fields.JPGRelationship 1 Push Fields.JPGRelationship 2 Push and Set Fields.JPG

• 9. Re: Asset People Relationship
                          Sinisa Mikor

Hello Arpo,

as I suspected, combination of qualification ($UCB_ReconID$ = 'AssetInstanceId') and conditions (If No Requests Match set to Create a New Request, If Any Request Match set to Take No Action) in your filter only allows the first relationship to be created (if you switch order of filters/actions, relationship to primary owner wouldn't be created, while whichever is first in sequence then one would).  To clarify:

• first push fields action looks for ANY record with $UCB_ReconID$ = 'AssetInstanceId', finds none so it follows setting of If No Requests Match and creates a new request (Create a New Request).
                          • second push fields action again looks for ANY record with $UCB_ReconID$ = 'AssetInstanceId', finds one (made by first push fields action) so it follows settings of If Any Request Match and does nothing (Take No Action).
                          • third push fields action once more looks for ANY record with $UCB_ReconID$ = 'AssetInstanceId', finds one (made by first push fields action) so it follows settings of If Any Request Match and does nothing (Take No Action).

Since you wish to create those three relationships unconditionally, you should change qualification of push fields action to something that is always false (e.g. 1 = 2 seems to be the favorite) and set If No Request Match to Create a New Request; you could also set If Any Requests Match to Take No Action to make sure that if you ever change first condition or qualification, action does nothing until you want it to.

• 10. Re: Asset People Relationship
                            Sinisa Mikor

My last suggestion focused on creating all three relationships -- if your workflow doesn't check whether relationships exist before activating these push fields actions, they will keep creating new relationships with each iteration of integration, so you should consider using a different qualification:

$UCB_ReconID$ = 'AssetInstanceId' AND

'RequestType' = "People" AND   

$UCB_PersonRole$ = 'PersonRole' AND

$UCB_PrimaryOwnerPeopleID$ = 'PeopleGroup Form Entry ID'

It would ensure that if a relationship between specified CI and specified person in specified role is found, no action is taken (as defined by If Any Requests Match) and relationship is created otherwise (as defined by If No Requests Match); remember to replace local variable $UCB_####PeopleID$ with appropriate one for each push fields action.  This suggestion does not deal with relationships marked as deleted, meaning that should any exist, they would prevent creation of new relationships -- one way to circumvent that would be to add mark as deleted flag to qualification in order to look for active relationships so that a new relationship could be created alongside the "deleted" one, but not on top of an active one.

• 11. Re: Asset People Relationship
                              Ganesh Gore

CI data must be reconciled before we create relationship with Peope/Support Group/Organization/Department etc. It is the ASSET and People relationships. So Once CI created in core forms, run the reconciliation job to promote it to ASSET dataset (You can schedule this job as per your requirement). Once It is done, get the reconid, people information (person id, full name etc), relationship type (role) etc on staging form (SET field action). lastly Create another filter to Push record to AST:Asset People form (Run If qualification should check if recon id, people information and role are NOT null). OR you can create records in AST:LoadAssetPeople form, this is the OOTB form used by UDM to load such relationships. Filter 'AST:LAP:CreateAssetPeopleRelationship' will push records to AST:AssetPeople form. (If you check this filter, you will get an idea.)

• 12. Re: Asset People Relationship
                                ARPO SARKAR

Hello Mikor,

I will explore both the option you have mentioned after that I will come back to you.

Thanks

Arpo Sarkar

• 13. Re: Asset People Relationship
                                  ARPO SARKAR

Hello Ganesh,

CI is getting reconciled first , as of now I am testing in BMC.ASSET dataset later I will change the dataset to staging . As you have suggested after Ci is got reconciled Set field is working.

Let me check the Filter also I will get back to you soon

• 14. Re: Asset People Relationship
                                    ARPO SARKAR

Hello Ganesh,

As you have mentioned that to push the data in the AST:LoadAssetPeople Form , I tried to do that also but if you check in AST:LoadAssetPeople form it has DL status as Unvalidated ,Validated and Promoted so my question is which one to select?

I have tried to push the values in DL Status as Promoted but it did not created any relationships

Let me know if you can suggest anything

THanks

Arpo Sarkar

1 2 Previous Next