9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2019 11:14 AM by Cris Coffey

Tie PO to asset no longer available?

Sonja Vicchiollo
      Share This:

We are on Trackit 2019 and cant seem to manually tie a PO to an asset any longer. Upon calling support they advised this is only possible with physical assets. Has anyone found an alternative way of having PO information tied to their assets? I realize I can create the asset from the PO, however we don't want to create a software support asset every year. We just want to be able to update the PO number on the asset to reflect the new years PO. The Help desk ticket allows for this information pull, but not the asset which seems like a huge oversight. We consider our software packages/renewals assets and cant fathom why this wouldn't be available.

• 1. Re: Tie PO to asset no longer available?
          Cris Coffey

You should be able to open up one of the assets and change the PO information.  You should be able to do that for any asset in the system regardless of whether Track-It! discovered it or you entered it manually.

• 2. Re: Tie PO to asset no longer available?
            Sonja Vicchiollo

I can change it, but it does not pull from the PO module. It is a free text field.  You can see the difference between the helpdesk PO field and the asset PO Field. The helpdesk is a direct pull from the Purchasing module, utilizing a drop down. The asset PO Field is free text and only pulls from BMC client. (or so I understand)

• 3. Re: Tie PO to asset no longer available?
              Cris Coffey

Ah, I see. I believe the reason for this is because some customers use this field for an external PO # from a vendor so this allows you to enter one from the Track-It! PO module OR from an external vendor. If something was purchased through the PO module, then it would automatically have the PO number filled in.

• 4. Re: Tie PO to asset no longer available?
                Sonja Vicchiollo

So there is no way to update an asset with a current PO number for renewals? If it allows you to enter the track-It! PO, should it not pull the information with it? At this point it is just another custom free text field. If I have an asset for an adobe subscription, I don’t want to create the asset every year, I just want to tie the latest PO number to it. Previous version allowed you to either pull from the PO Module or free text a number. Would this be an enhancement request?

• 5. Re: Tie PO to asset no longer available?
                  Cris Coffey

I checked in version 11 to clarify a few points. In version 11 this only worked for tracked items and not for Assets. Assets themselves had no purchasing, warranty or lease information in Track-It! 11 which was added in Track-It! 2018 (now 2019).  However, in Track-It! 11, inside a tracked item, you could click a drop down and pick an existing PO # from the Track-It! purchasing module OR enter a PO# manually. Either way though, it does not seem to automatically populate all the other information into the other purchase info fields based on the selected PO#. That information has to be manually entered if it changed from the initial purchase or on a manually linked asset. If you would like to see information from a selected purchase order automatically populated into the asset when the PO# is selected on the asset screen, that would be a new feature request. You can click on the Ideas link at the top of this community and enter an enhancement request there. Then other users can see it and vote it up if they also would like to see this functionality.

• 6. Re: Tie PO to asset no longer available?
                    Sonja Vicchiollo

That makes sense. Yes I was using the tracked items inside of an asset. Going to miss that☺ I appreciate the clarification.

• 7. Re: Tie PO to asset no longer available?
                      Cris Coffey

Just be clear though, nothing auto filled in Track-It! 11 in the tracked item when you selected a PO#.  The only thing different between 2019 and v11 is that in 2019, there is no drop down to select an existing PO#. You would have to go into Purchasing and find the PO number, then go enter it into the asset. Either way, nothing populates automatically into an asset or tracked item when doing a manual link.

• 8. Re: Tie PO to asset no longer available?
                        Sonja Vicchiollo

Probably not explaining myself very well.

In the old trackit, my tracked items had a po field that could either Pull data or be free texted. If you pulled, you could double click the po number and open the actual po. Very convenient. It would pull the date purchased and the vendor the price. My techs used this constantly to get to the warranty paperwork that was attached to the PO’s.

• 9. Re: Tie PO to asset no longer available?
                          Cris Coffey

Ah, I see how that could be helpful. Unfortunately that is not possible yet in the new version.