I found the solution !
1. Install the Standard installation package from https://master_server:1610/console/
2. Go to the installation location which should be /program files/bmc software/client management/console/ or /usr/local/bmc-software/client-management/console
3. Create a folder inside the console directory called certs
4. Inside the certs folder create two directories . One called Trusted and the other called Auth
5. Go to your master server and open the folder /bmc software/client management/master/bin/certs/auth
6. Open the folders here until you see the one with the bcm.crt, bcm.key and bcm.kep files. (assuming your are using the bcm cert)
7. Copy these three files to the workstation's Auth folder you created in step 4
8. Copy just the bcm.crt file to the Trusted folder on the same workstation
9. Try logging into the console again
1 of 1 people found this helpful
You may need to uninstall the OLD Console that was used when JRE 8.x and the JNLP files where used. Now that Open Java is being used those previous methods are no longer being supported. Have you already tried to uninstall the full client and then download and install the new version of the full client (MSI Installer)?
If you have already done that and you still have connection issues then it may be that the cert may need to be added/updated in the installation path. Please review this article: