4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2019 3:16 AM by Willa Ou

Automated List of Patrol agent connected/disconnected : TrueSight Operations mangement

Abhay Bhagat
      Share This:

Dear Experts,

Please let me know if there is any out of box feature available to sent email with list of connected/disconnected agent in TrueSight Operations Management environment .

If the answer to above point is no and any one had created a script for the same , Please share .

One way I could think is to create a script using the below article but will it impact presentation server performance .

Is there a query to get a list of disconnected Patrol Agents in the TSPS?

Please  comments other/better ways to get the same

Regards

Abhay

• 1. Re: Automated List of Patrol agent connected/disconnected : TrueSight Operations mangement
          Mohit Pandit

TSIM Self Monitoring KM must have it. Did you check that?

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Automated List of Patrol agent connected/disconnected : TrueSight Operations mangement
            Willa Ou

Abhay,

During the normal operation, TSIM self-monitoring will generate a 'PATROL agent disconnection event' if a PATROL agent is disconnected from integration service. By default, this event is sent to PN cell. But if you want to receive the event in another cell, you can change the cell name in pronet.conf under pw\custom directory.

TSIM self-monitoring is included out of box and it is not related to self-monitoring KM - thus there is no data point associated with it - only an event. You can send email or create a ticket based on this event.

The article you referred to was actually created based on a support case I opened with BMC. It provides a manual method (can be automated) to detect disconnected PATROL agents when integration service was down or disconnected from TSIM.  After integration service was restarted and reconnected to TSIM, any PATROL agent that went down prior to integration service restart/reconnect is not reported by TSIM self-monitoring (This is by design according to BMC Support). I had situations that some PATROL agents were down for days after IS server rebooted for OS patch until someone manually went through 'Managed Devices' GUI.

Hope it helps,

Willa Ou

willa_ou@worldopus.com

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Automated List of Patrol agent connected/disconnected : TrueSight Operations mangement
              Abhay Bhagat

Dear Mohit Pandit Willa Ou,

Thanks for your responses,

I need a list of connected/disconnected agent ,

Events from Self Monitoring , Self Monitoring KM , I had configured  able to receive , As an audit point , a team need a daily list of connected or disconnected agents from the TrueSight , hence looking for a script/out of box feature  to get that output on email daily ,

One way is

• To run a DB query on TSPS postgre SQL data on patrolagent_details table  and send the mail using sendmail

Any other better way you may suggest

Regards

Abhay

• 4. Re: Automated List of Patrol agent connected/disconnected : TrueSight Operations mangement
                Willa Ou

Abhay,

There are two methods that might meet your needs.

1) There is a GUI based report on TSIM console through Options -> Administration -> Agent Status (in Data Collection section). It displays all connected and disconnected PATROL agents for each IS. If you figure out how to save it in a file, please let me know.

2) There is also an ASCII based MFD (Marked for deletion) report automatically generated once a day. This report is saved on your TSIM server at pw\pronto\web\html\ with file name MFDReport<date>.html. The first part “Agents Marked for Deletion” contains all disconnected PATROL agents without port#. This report does not contain connected PATROL agents.

Hope it helps,

Willa Ou

willa_ou@worldopus.com

2 of 2 people found this helpful