1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2019 12:34 AM by Sayan Banerjee

Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service

Andre Lemberg
      Share This:

Hallo we got fresh installed TSPS v11.3.02 (SERVER1) and a TSIM v11.3.02 (SERVER2) and the Patrol Agent v11.3.02 cant connect to the TSIM integratet ISN.

If we use a 3. Server with an extra ISN the agents can connect to the extra ISN without Problems.

Can anyone help us?

PatrolAgent-SERVER1-3181.errs:

Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 2019: Patrol Config Caching is enabled.
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 2019: ID 10218d: W: Not enabling COS support subsystem, no RT Server Locator found.
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 2019: ID 102010: I: Binding PatrolAgent to TCP port 3181
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: ID 1021d3: I: PatrolAgent default account is 'itsm'
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: ID 10200b: W: Unable to set supplementary groups
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: ID 1021f9: I: Enabling Integration Service support subsystem
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: ID 1020a5: I: ALL_COMPUTERS km not found, using default all_defaults
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: ID 102082: I: PatrolAgent-Info: Loaded `Linux' application locally from agent knowledge directory.
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: KMs won't be loaded from PATROL Console. Agent configure to load only Preload KM List.
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: ID 1021fe: I: Changing working directory to default account home directory - '/home/itsm'
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: ID 1020a9: I: Using default method of collecting process cache: internal function call.
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: ID 1020ab: I: PatrolAgent's runqSchedPolicy is now set to 1.
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:29 AM 2019: ID 10205a: I: Binding PatrolAgent to port 3181 ...
      Wed Jul 17 09:54:59 AM 2019: Failed to connect Integration Service 'SERVER2' on port '3183'.

[itsm@SERVER1 log]$ pconfig +get

PATROL_CONFIG

"/AgentSetup/integration/denyCfg" = { REPLACE = "false" },

"/AgentSetup/integration/integrationServices" = { REPLACE = "tcp:SERVER2:3183" },

"/AgentSetup/pemCloseStatus" = { REPLACE = "0" },

"/AgentSetup/pemStartEID" = { REPLACE = "16" },

"/AgentSetup/rtServers" = { REPLACE = "" },

"/EventSetup/Configuration/EventCells" = { REPLACE = "SERVER2/1828" },

"/EventSetup/Configuration/Format" = { REPLACE = "BiiP3" },

"/EventSetup/Configuration/ForwardEventsToIS" = { REPLACE = "yes" },

"/EventSetup/Configuration/Key" = { REPLACE = "mc" },

"/EventSetup/Format/BiiP3/catalogs/0/types/11/slots/msg" = { REPLACE = "%{PARAMETER_NAME} for %{APPCLASS}/%{APPINSTANCE} is in %{EVENT_TYPE} current value is %{PARAMETER_VALUE}" },

"/EventSetup/Format/BiiP3/catalogs/0/types/9/slots/msg" = { REPLACE = "%{PARAMETER_NAME} for %{APPCLASS}/%{APPINSTANCE} is now OK - current value is %{PARAMETER_VALUE}" },

"/EventSetup/Format/BiiP3/slots/event_identification_type" = { REPLACE = "Internal" },

"/FILESYSTEM_RecoveryDataInitialized" = { REPLACE = "1" },

"/RecoveryActions/FILESYSTEM/*/FSCapacity/Description" = { REPLACE = "FilesystemCleanup" },

"/RecoveryActions/FILESYSTEM/*/FSCapacity/Mode" = { REPLACE = "3" },

"/RecoveryActions/FILESYSTEM/*/FSCapacity/Suspend" = { REPLACE = "0" },

"/RecoveryActions/FILESYSTEM/*/FSCapacity/Wait" = { REPLACE = "600" }

• 1. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
          Roland Pocek

hi Andre Lemberg

I have a few agents connected to the local IS and it works fine, do you see any errors in the IS logs?

please check out: Using log files to debug the BMC PATROL Agent and Integration Service connections - Documentation for BMC TrueSight Infr…

1.png

cheers

rop

• 2. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
            Andre Lemberg

Hi Roland Pocek ,

i didn't found anything usefull in the logs.

IntegrationService.log

PatrolAgentCache.dump

• 3. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
              Roland Pocek

hi,

I did not find anything related to that, you may check the KB articles but I would suggest you create a support ticket with BMC, but please update the thread with a solution if you get one

32bit Linux PATROL Agent fails to connect to the Integration Service when configured to use TLS 1.2 mode

regards

Roland

• 4. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                Oliver Biermann

Hi all,

the PatrolAgents used by Andre are x86_64, no 32bit there. Right now we have a very similar problem in our demo environment, where the PatrolAgents that were working before got disconnected from the TSIM and print an error message

Sun Jul 21 11:12:39 AM 2019: Failed to connect Integration Service 'TSIM.XXX.XXX' on port '3183'.

but there are no DNS or connection issuses (tried nslookup and telnet on port 3183, everything works).

I then deleted one of these PatrolAgents in Configuration - Managed Devices in the Presentation Server and after that restarted it. Then I got no more error message in the log file, but the Agent will not show up in Presentation Server - and also not in TSIM (checked in AdminConsole). The PatrolAgentCache.dump is empty, too. On the TSIM there is not even a IntegrationService.log in our demo environment.

This happens on RHEL 7.6. It was working when we installed 11.3.01 and even after the upgrade to 11.3.02. We will research the problem.

Best regards,

Oliver

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                  Oliver Biermann

Hi all,

now I have some updates:

I tested this with TrueSight Infrastructure Management 11.3.01 and 11.3.02 installed as a non-root user. Had the same problem with both: When the Infrastructure Management is installed under Linux (CentOS 7.6 in my case) a PatrolAgent (11.3.02) shows in the PatrolAgent.errs log the line "Failed to connect to Integration Service 'integrationservice.fqdn' on port '3183'" and the agent is not shown in Managed Devices under the Infrastructure Management (ProactiveServer:12124).

When the install is done as root, my PatrolAgent (11.3.02) gets connected (at  least to the Infrastructure Management 11.3.01, I did not apply the fixpack yet). In the documentation it is mentioned that it is possible to install as a non-root user, and the install succeeds and everything seems fine, but PatrolAgents 11.3.02 do not register at the TSIM internal integration service.

In our demo environment the install of Infrastructure Management 11.3.01 was done with a non-root user, too and it worked (but we had 11.3.01 PatrolAgents at this time). After that we did the upgrade of the Presentation Server to 11.3.02, imported the new repository and upgraded some of the 11.3.01 PatrolAgents to version 11.3.02, I think we did the Infrastructure Management upgrade at last, and I think that after the reboot of the environment the PatrolAgents are marked as disconnected.

I am not sure why on my other test system the install of Infrastructure Management 11.3.01 as non-root user has this problem, but in our demo environment it did work (ok, there are some differences: the OS was on an older patchlevel when we installed the 11.3.01 environment and we never tried with a new 11.3.02 PatrolAgent).

My next tests will be:

1. to try an older 11.3.01 PatrolAgent to connect to the non-root installation of Infrastructure Management 11.3.01.

2. to upgrade the root-installation of Infrastructure Management 11.3.01 to 11.3.02.

Hopefully there will be an solution, I think we should involve BMC support after these both tests.

PS: The separate integration services should work, because as far as I know, it can only be installed as root (there is a way to switch it to non-root user after installation, but I am not sure if this is supported - at least for 10.7 it was working)

Best regards,

Oliver

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                    Thad White

Hi Oliver,

Before you install again, change the umask for the installation user to 022.  I was looking over some installation notes and believe this is the issue.

1. Edit .bashrc for patrol user
                           in their home directory and add “umask 022”  (be sure to test
                           effectiveness by exiting patrol user and logging back in and checking
                           umask)
                    • 7. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                      Oliver Biermann

Hi Thad,

Thank you for the tip!

I am doing the install of the Infrastructure Management with umask 022 right now. The umask is told on stdout, but I am not sure, if it was 002 or 022 last time, regarding to the system there is a problem because /usr /opt /usr/bin were all set to 777 after the install.

[root@im04 utility]# ./config_nonroot.sh tsadmin /opt/bmc/tsim

Log file location: /tmp/tsim_sys_config.log

Executing the config non-root Script.

config non-root Script execution completed.

[root@im04 utility]# su - tsadmin

Last login: Mon Jul 22 17:50:49 CEST 2019 on pts/1

[tsadmin@im04 ~]$ cd /home/tsadmin/TSIMServer/Disk1/

[tsadmin@im04 Disk1]$ !./install

./install.sh -i silent -J MINIMAL=true -DOPTIONS_FILE=$PWD/silent.txt

Ensure to run Disk1/utility/config_nonroot.sh script to configure env before running installer with non-root user

ulimit now set to 16096

Checking file mode creation mask ...

OK

umask is 0022

I did also do a fresh install of the PatrolAgent with umask 022 set, but this also got the error:

Failed to connect Integration Service 'IM04.TS.BMC.TESTLAB.INTERN' on port '3183'

I will report the results. By the way, yesterday I also upgraded the root installation of TSIM to 11.3.02 and that worked, too.

Best regards,

Oliver

• 8. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                        Oliver Biermann

Hi all,

sadly the umask is still not the solution. Installation tells that umask is 0022, but after it finishes, the directories it writes to (/usr /usr/bin /opt and subdirs) all have the wrong permissions (777). Even after changing the directories back to 755 and starting the Infrastructure Management, the PatrolAgent cannot connect to it:

Mon Jul 22 05:42:36 PM 2019: Failed to connect Integration Service 'IM04.TS.BMC.TESTLAB.INTERN' on port '3183'.

I will try to compare it to my root installation, but I think we are missing something. In our demo environment I upgraded to 11.3.02 in April and everything was working (we had a couple of machines connected directly to the TSIM), then at the end of June it stopped working, but as far as I know, we made no changes.

Best regards,

Oliver

• 9. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                          Roland Pocek

hi all, it seems there are some strange behaviours on 11.3.0.2, but they seem quite randomly.

i experienced a problem that seem to be with some rsso versions after applying the fixpack, resulting in unabke to crosslaunch to tsim and use the pw internaluser command.

with upgrading to rsso to 19.02 everything was working again, maybe a fixpack for the fickpack would be nice    

thx for posting your findings, for sure helpful!

• 10. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                            Steve Mundy

Hi all,

I have connected PATROL Agent 11.3.02 to IS on both Windows and Linux TSIM server with no problems.

Does your TSIM server have a PATROL Agent installed on it?

regards, Steve

• 11. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                              Oliver Biermann

Hi Steve,

here is the architecture of my test environment:

1. Presentation Server 11.3.02 with RSSO 11.3.01 installed on Linux (CentOS 7.6) machine ps03

2. Infrastructure Management 11.3.01 installed on Linux (CentOS 7.6) machine im04 - installed as non-root - fresh install, no PatrolAgent - not working

3. Infrastructure Management 11.3.01 and later 11.3.02 installed on Linux (CentOS 7.6) machine im03 - installed as root - fresh install no PatrolAgent - working

4. PatrolAgent 11.3.02 installed on Linux (CentOS 7.6) machine pa01 - installed by repo from ps03 (lastest repository files 11.3.05 or so)

I connected the TSIM to the Presentation Server and use the IntegrationServer agent variable on pa01 to point to the TSIM. When I do this on the root install, everything works fine and the Agent is visible in Presentation Server - Configuration - Managed Devices.

If I do the same on the TSIM installed as non-root I get the error message "Failed to connect Integration Service..." in PatrolAgent.errs logfile.

Both TSIM machines are installed with the same Linux iso (it is a fresh install), and then I did a fresh install of TSIM.

I also had just one of these TSIM connected to Presentation Server at the same time (deleted the other one before connecting in PS).

Machines im03 and im04 (both TSIMs) were never active at the same time.

I also had the im03 TSIM installed with a non-root user upgraded to 11.3.02, but this was also not working. So I think there is a problem in my environment with the non-root install.

We have the same problem in our demo environment now, although this was working until the beginning of July, and I did the upgrade to 11.3.02 in May or so and it did work without any problems. The same problem occurred at the DRV environment.

So maybe there are some incompatibilities when installing TSIM as a non-root user on RHEL / CentOS 7.6?

As mentioned the install as root user on the same OS is working as expected...

Best regards,

Oliver

• 12. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                                Andre Lemberg

Hi all,

like Oliver said we got the same problem. Equal setup with RHEL7 on all Server and extra RSSO 19.05.

We used the non-root installation due to our company server policies.

Best regards,

André

• 13. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                                  Andre Lemberg

Hi everyone,

we noticed that he created the folder /etc/patrol.d/_opt_bmc_TSIM_pw/ as root during the installation. During the non-root installation this data is completely missing. This folder including the data it contains seems to be important for the function of the Integration Serverice because the extra ISN server also creates this folder in our test case /etc/patrol.d/_opt_bmc_TSIS_pw/.

regards, André

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                                  • 14. Re: Patrol Agent v11.3.02 Failed to connect Integration Service
                                    Stefan Hall

Hi Oliver Biermann,

is there any progress here? Our support hasn't been helpful yet, what about you as an expert?

Maybe your new colleague here in Berlin still has an idea and good BMC contacts. If it works, we'll see each other again.

1 2 Previous Next