10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2019 6:18 PM by Marcin Cieslak

How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???

Alena Stejnarova
      Share This:

I have a problem with tracking closed DRUDs. The only info I can see about them is the status, so I know, if they were closed or not, but how can I find out, if they were released and if they were released in patch or TKU, if the BMC case for the issue was already closed with the comment like 'fix will be released in the future patch/TKU version of ADDM 11.3.00'.

For example now I am not sure, what happened with DRUD1-25331. BMC case was closed in Feb 2019 with the above mentioned comment and I didn´t find this DRUD in any of the release notes for patch or TKU. Does this mean, that the fix was not released yet? Thank you in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
          Andrew Waters

I do not know the customer visibility of these.

DRUD1-25331 was closed as works as designed.

There are file systems you can use over 100%. They report how much space the user can user and allow root to write additional data. For example ext file systems normally reserve 5%

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
            Lisa Keeler

Customers do not have any further access to the Defect and RFE jira tickets (DRUD or DRDC) than you are describing.  Customers can only see the status of "customer visible" jiras.

Support commonly receives tickets that request an update or explanation of the status.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
              Alena Stejnarova

Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it. I will pass this info to the management and customers.

Have a nice weekend.

• 4. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
                Alena Stejnarova

Hello Lisa,

thank you for your reply. The problem is, that the status is not enough for us. As you can see. I saw, that my DRUD was closed and nothing more. Last comment in the BMC case was, that it will be fixed in 11.3. And now I find out, thanks to Mr. Waters, that there is no fix, it works as designed. It would be really useful to have the info about release status visible too for RFEs. Something like 'release status': 'released in TKU/patch xxx' or 'no fix needed, works as designed' or etc. Would that be possible? Release notes are great, but we are just people and we do mistakes and something can be forgotten and not added into release notes. How can we find out, what happened with the ticket?

• 5. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
                  Lisa Keeler

Hi Alena,

I can not disagree.  And, you aren't the first to comment on this.

I will try to find out more.  I think this is a BMC-wide thing, i.e. probably not under the Discovery team's control.

Lisa

• 6. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
                    Lisa Keeler

I asked my VP (customer support) about it, and she said there are 2 folks that have been asked to address the problem.

So, there is some hope.  I can't promise anything though.

Meanwhile, when you want to know the more complete status, feel free to open a new ticket for Support and ask. 

• 7. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
                      Alena Stejnarova

Hi Lisa,

thank you so much for taking care about this topic. Let´s hope that there will be some improvement. It would be great. Thank you again for your help and support.

Have a nice day.

Alena

• 8. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
                        Nick Smith

Just to add - in Premier Support we explicitly track a customer's open defects and RFEs, monitoring status changes, updating the customer periodically, and chasing Engineering for updates where appropriate.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
                          Alena Stejnarova

Hello Mr. Smith,

thank you. I will pass this info to my management.

Have a nice day. Best regards ,Alena

• 10. Re: How to track RFEs, like DRUDs etc. ???
                            Marcin Cieslak

Release notes already take not of important JIRA tickets, and this is very good thing.

Due to limited visibility of JIRA to the customers there is a problem with issues that are related to the original customer support ticket but are not visible fully.

First are of improvement would be to enhance visibility of the JIRA ticket compared to what we have now in the support portal - right now it is just a one line description and the open/closed status.

Customer support needs to chase that if needed - for example whenever the ticket gets merged or becomes part of a larger thing/gets subtasks/whatever all of this will not be visible unless customer support is tracking the issue in a very detailed away, as Nick Smith reported.

It would be cool if JIRA Resolution status and the closing comment would be visible. AFAIR JIRA normally does not differentiate between "customer visible" and "other" comments. If there are follow-up issues (linked issues, epics, parent issues, etc.) they should be visible in the customer RFE box automatically as well without support's manual action.

I think this could be a relatively modest update in the JIRA integration we currently have - big bang for buck!