1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 15, 2019 5:34 AM by Carl Wilson

Unable to change the status of Task attached to Change Request

saurabh shekhar
      Share:|

Hello All,

Greetings for the day!!

I am working on a use case in which in one of the part involves closing the Task associated with the Change Request.

I have Designed the workflow in below pattern:

In "Initialize" i am passing the following Values:

Configuration Name

Change ID

The "Assign" i have used to fetchout the Task ID from the Adapter Response by Applying XPath Transformation.

Later that Task ID i am passing as Input in "Update Task Status".

Here i am unable to change the status of the Task. It throws below error when i am trying to change the status of Task to "Closed".

response-data>

<metadata>

<status>error</status>

<error>Error occured performing remedy action: Message[summary=Error occurred while querying for field IDs on Remedy schema 'TMS:TaskInterface'., detail='Message[summary=Error occurred while executing query ''10006803'="TAS000000******"' on Remedy schema 'TMS:TaskInterface'., detail='Message[summary=Exception occured in Adapter 'ARSAdapter'., detail=Remedy exception: '[Type=2][Num=45093][Text=][AppendedText=This task (or group)  must be activated (from the parent) before it can be changed to the status:  Closed Success]']']']</error>

</metadata>

</response-data>]

Can you please tell me why am i getting the error which i have highlighted above and to how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh

response-data>   <metadata>     <status>error</status>     <error>Error occured performing remedy action: Message[summary=Error occurred while querying for field IDs on Remedy schema 'TMS:TaskInterface'., detail='Message[summary=Error occurred while executing query ''10006803'="TAS000000838279"' on Remedy schema 'TMS:TaskInterface'., detail='Message[summary=Exception occured in Adapter 'ARSAdapter'., detail=Remedy exception: '[Type=2][Num=45093][Text=][AppendedText=This task (or group)  must be activated (from the parent) before it can be changed to the status:  Closed Success]']']']</error>   </metadata> </response-data>]
        • 1. Re: Unable to change the status of Task attached to Change Request
          Carl Wilson

Hi,

the Remedy system is informing you that the Task has not been activated by the Change request, this can be because of the following:

• The Change has not yet activated the Tasks i.e. It is not in Implementation in Progress or another Status that has activated the Tasks
          • The Task sequence does not allow the Task to be worked on as there are preceding Tasks (in sequence) that are not yet closed

You have to observe the Task sequencing and the Change Status to active the Tasks.

Cheers

Carl