3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2019 5:14 AM by Sinisa Mikor

SRM / Work Order Approval History - 9.1.04 patch 2

T. D.
      Share This:

We have approvals set up for from SRs and they work perfectly. Once the SR is approved the Work Order is created - perfect.

Where can the support staff see WHO / WHEN approved the SR?

I see SRM:RequestApDetailSignature that contains all the information. There has to be an easy way to see this information on the Work Order form like Change.

Support staff can click on the View REQxxxxxxxxxxxx link on the navigation pane under Functions and then click on the Additional Details tab. Seems to me to be more work.

In Change Management there is approval table at the bottom of the Work Detail tab.

I noticed in Developer Studio that there is an Approver tab in Work Order, but it is hidden. Did BMC hide this for a reason?

Thank you in advance for any feedback / help!

• 1. Re: SRM / Work Order Approval History - 9.1.04 patch 2
          Sinisa Mikor

Don't forget that service request's submitter can also see approvals on additional details tab as long as that information is enabled in attached SRD (Options => Hide/Show Details => Request Details / Approvals) so it's not only "more work".

You could add (tree) table to WOI:WorkOrder form in order to show necessary attributes from the form you mention(SRM:RequestApDetailSignature) from record qualified as $SRID$ = 'Request Number'.  That way support staff could always check who approved service request and when, and that information would or would not be exposed to submitter, depending on settings in SRD.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SRM / Work Order Approval History - 9.1.04 patch 2
            T. D.

Thanks Sinisa.

We are trying to avoid doing any customization. I have told the support team to click on the View REQxxxxxxxxxxxx link on the navigation pane under Functions and then click on the Additional Details tab. From here they can see who approved it.

It is additional steps / work for the support staff, but easier to avoid a customization.

Thanks again!!!!!

• 3. Re: SRM / Work Order Approval History - 9.1.04 patch 2
              Sinisa Mikor

I presume that the reason why approvals aren't directly visible in work orders is because though structure of work orders is quite similar to change requests (possibly because they grew out of change requests), approval is not inherited as well and is therefore not a part of work order workflow.  All approval actually happens in Service Request workflow and it may seem natural for visibility of approvals to be limited to Service Request module only, so it shows on Service Request consoles (e.g. if you look at SRM:Request in Default Admnistrator View or RQC Request Master View, you'll find tab Approvals which contains just the information you're asking about).  Depending on specialization of support staff you mentioned, they may focus on customer's side (Service Request Management) and have information about service request approvals easily available, or focus on service provider's side (Work Order Management) and  have a roundabout way of possibly finding it.

If custom approval is used and approvers are selected by variables or actions in SRD, you could map them directly from SRD into WO Type Field XX of your choice -- no customization needed, and information is readily available on Details or Details 2 tab.  As to when was service request approved, unless you're using multiphase PDT, time of approval should approximate submit date of work order.

1 of 1 people found this helpful