5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2019 9:30 AM by Varun Patwardhan

continuous reconciliation job

Gajanand Patil
      Share This:

Hi All,

Anybody configured continuous reconciliation job in there environment ? If yes please help me to understand how it works ?

My requirement is, when ADDM sends data in CMDB, recon job needs to check and overwrite/create accordingly. Now i have to either wait for ADDM_Recon job to completed on scheduled time or have to run it manually to reflect the changes in CMDB.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback on it.

Regards,

Gajanand

• 1. Re: continuous reconciliation job
          Varun Patwardhan

Hi Gajanand,

The Reconciliation continuous job works interval based. So if you configure a job to run in continuous mode, you need to configure the 'Continuous-Job-Interval' parameter in the Reconciliation console. If this value is set to 30 minutes, any RE job set to run in continuous mode will get triggered after every 30 minutes.

Thus after every 30 minutes your RE job will be triggered and the new CIs from the ADDM dataset will get processed.

Thank you.

Regards,

Varun

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: continuous reconciliation job
            Gajanand Patil

Hi Varun,

Thank you for your response.

Can you help me to understand if I checked the continuous checkbox and add the re-occurrence time,

-Will it run continuously ?

-Will it scan only for the newly added records after its last run ?

-Will it cause performance issue ?

-Suppose job starts at 10:00AM and ( we have given 30 min time interval) and it took more than 30 min to complete, then what happened ?

Regards,

Gajanand

• 3. Re: continuous reconciliation job
              Varun Patwardhan

Hi Gajanand,

If you check the continuous flag in the RE job and add the continuous interval value,

- The job will get triggered after the interval specified. If the interval is 300 seconds, the job will get triggered/started after every 5 minutes.

- It will scan only the newly added and failed records since the last job run with the default settings.

- It will not cause a performance issue if the RE job identifies and merges CIs correctly and finishes before the next job gets triggered.

- We have seen that the earlier job that runs for more than 30 minutes continues to run and the newly triggered job get aborted saying the job is already running. We recommend keeping the interval such that the job completes well before the specified time interval.

Thank you.

Regards,

Varun

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: continuous reconciliation job
                Gajanand Patil

Thank you Varun for your valuable feedback . This is the thing I am looking.

Regards,

Gajanand

• 5. Re: continuous reconciliation job
                  Varun Patwardhan

Thank you Gajanand !