1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2019 4:32 AM by Ondrej Kieler

Changing the name for existing Scanner in a consolidation appliances

Share This:

Hello Experts,

Just wanted to check in our infrastructure we have built multiples appliances in various Data centers.We have one centralized consolidator also in place.

Now I wanted to change the existing name of one of the scanner.

when I logged into that scanner and browse to Appliance configuration>Identification section name field was disabled "(Appliance name cannot be changed while this appliance is configured for consolidation)".

In order to proceed further I believe  we need to delete the connection from centralized consolidator or else we need to delete the connection from scanner itself ,so that it will not sending data to consolidation system.

-Hitesh

• 1. Re: Changing the name for existing Scanner in a consolidation appliances
          Ondrej Kieler

Hello,

you can simply disconnect the scanner from consolidator, change the name and connect it back. In case of consolidator you have to remove the role of the consolidator change the name and then set this appliance again as consolidator and connect all the scanners again. I have done this quite long time ago so if you have the chance to test it in test environment it will be better then to do it directly in prod. In order to avoid data loss stop the scanning on all scanner and ensure yourself that no consolidation run is in progress.

3 of 3 people found this helpful