2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2019 7:06 AM by Chris Forzaglia

How does TOM (Total Object Manager) recognize a Started Task Name

Chris Forzaglia
      Share This:

I have one task that TOM is not recognizing.  Say the Task Name is STCTASK1.  Every time I start monitoring it says it's not up - but it is.  It keeps trying to restart and then fails because it's up.  We think there is a SubSystem name associated with the task possibly causing the issue (e.g. STCTASK1.SSTASK1).  I had some success putting a 'Step Name' of SSTASK1 in the "Specify Started Task Information" screen, but after one successful restart the status went from Activ Activ to Activ Inact.  Now I can't clear it again without it trying to restart the task.  It appears to be monitoring OK but the Status is RED and still says Inact.

• 1. Re: How does TOM (Total Object Manager) recognize a Started Task Name
          Eric Maanen

Hello Chris,

Can you share :

• Curr Sys Stat
          • Reason
          • Object type

I'm assuming that you have the correct start event validation values in place.

regards,

Eric

• 2. Re: How does TOM (Total Object Manager) recognize a Started Task Name
            Chris Forzaglia

Hi Eric.  Here’s some more information…

Object Name..... GPMSERVE                                                 

Description..... GPMSERVE

Product......... STM                                                      

Sysplex......... PLEXFCB2                                                 

Def. Base....... SY3BASE                                                 

Eval'd Status... Active                                                   

Last Detected... Inactive                                                 

Curr System..... SY3                                                      

Curr Sys Stat... ACTIVE                                                   

Reason.......... Actively running and its status is being maintained by TOM.

Primary Sys..... SY3                                                      

For Start Up Validation I’m just using the default 403I

Startup Validations

e  Sysplex: PLEXFCB2   DefBase: SY3BASE                                

e  Object:  GPMSERVE                                                   

e  Product: Started Task Management                                    

e CMD I STC             Proc/Job        Type     ID or        Command  

e       Name            Step Name                Queue        Label    

e --- - --------------- --------------- -------  ------------ ----------

e     * GPMSERVE                        MSG      IEF403I               

Perhaps that’s not sufficient for this product?  The 403I message is in the Task Log.  I guess that’s kind of my question.  Once TOM gets reset, the task is already up.  How does Discovery know or check?

Thanks,

Chris