2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2019 4:25 AM by Kishan Barai

Proactive monitoring a recon job

Kishan Barai
      Share This:

Hi,

Wanted to check with fellow community members if there is any way possible to monitor a reconciliation job - that would send a notification in case of success/failure of the job? I understand this is a probable case for BPPM solution, however we don't have that.

• 1. Re: Proactive monitoring a recon job
          Sinisa Mikor

Hi Kishan,

not sure whether you'd like to monitor only job execution status or actual results of reconciliation as well; those two can be in collision (e. g. job can be defined so that it ends successfully even when actual reconciliation, or a part of it, fails) but if you don't mind altering reconciliation jobs (or, more likey, transformations), you can add logging results on individual action level or send e-mails including whatever you deem relevant data directly from reconciliation transformation/job to any address(es) you choose.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Proactive monitoring a recon job
            Kishan Barai

Thank you for your comment Sinisa Mikor,

Ideally, we would want both!

However it seems to me there are many technical constraints in achieving both the objectives. At the moment, I was looking for an option that monitors arrecond process and sends out an alert in case of issues with it.

You also mentioned - "send e-mails including whatever you deem relevant data directly from reconciliation transformation/job to any address(es) you choose". Have you done this ever from reconciliation configuration? Please can you shed some light on sending the emails for reconciliation activities.

Thanks in advance !