What is the product you are trying to use, Innovation Studio?
I am using BMC trueSight Capacity Optimizer
Please check the following video Using Open ETL templates | TrueSight Capacity Optimization - YouTube + the following Hot Tip - Integrating CSV files in BCO .
Let me know if that was of help or you think you need more guidance.
Thanks for the tip. I followed the documentation steps and failed. I opened 2 cases already , and will update this thread when I have all solutions. I am trying to get a how to document which address how to load data from csv to TSCO
I am looking for a detailed developer guideline for build ETL based on CSV input file. All online documents so far are missing those steps/Instructions
1. To build tree structure, based on csv files...
- Need added the strong and lookup sequence to all lines – both for asserting the entity exists and for asserting the relationship exists
- If the lookup fields do not provide any additional uniqueness, then you do not need to include them in the strong or weak lookup fields
- Ensure that all domains and systems are declared (asserted) that they exist before we do the actual relationships.
- The tree structure build will be delayed to show-up under workspace, even though the log said the job is finished
- When move from dev to prod, TSCO missing Export/Import Open ETL template (I have to manually create again for production TSCO)
- When Use exported ETL, When I tried to import the ETL, the Open ETL template is not selectible( I have to manually create again for production TSCO)
2. To load configuration/performance into this tree structure, with vertical dataset, based on csv files, ....
Ok Shen, please include your comments in the product doc pages you think the information above is missing so that our doc team (Bipin Inamdar) will take care about them.
Can I consider this question answered? Please let me know.
We'll look forward to hear more about the outcome of your support cases so that other users can get benefits from there.
Thanks for sharing!
I am not knowledge enough , I guess this question is answered, even though I was looking for a developer manual for ETL building, (Which library to call to connect data base, which library to call to build tree structure. Even using CSV parser, the document seems not completed. ). We were told, integration studio will no longer support Perl, Java only in version 11.5, but I have no document available.
I will leave the product doc improvement to BMC professional since that is big chapter for them to-do.
Thanks for your support
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I was in the same situation time ago.
But after installing Integration Studio and spending a few times, it worked for me.
There are many methods already implemented when you use it. Some are not documented, but they worked for me in the CSV development.
Hope it helps.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Thanks for the tip. I am sure Integration Studio may bring-in more solution options, but as a beginner, I do believe it is easier to allow user to use whatever programming they are familiar with to create csv files, then use open box ETL to load the data, instead of JAVA solution only. Just my 2-cent thought.
Thanks for the Help from support team and Mike West, I have successfully loaded data. Here are the points I have learned: In order to load configuration/performance into this tree structure, with vertical dataset, based on csv files
- The data load ETL need to be run first, leave all the entities in the newly discovered domain.
- The relation ETL need to be run after, creates the hierarchy rule, based on the lookup fields from the csv files, it will find the systems already created in the newly discovered domain and it will construct the hierarchy based on the OBJREL of that relationship ETL
The metrics in percentage should be imported as decimal between 0 and 1, and metrics in GB, MB, TB, etc. should be imported as bytes