6 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2019 9:22 AM by Marco Garruto

ADDM 11.3 Credential Proxy vs AD Proxy

Marco Garruto
      Share This:

Hi all,

BMC Documentation write

• Credential Windows proxy — a BMC Discovery application that runs on a customer-provided Windows host and uses credentials supplied by the BMC Discovery appliance to perform Windows discovery.
      • Active Directory Windows proxy — a BMC Discovery application that runs on a customer-provided Windows host that is part of an Active Directory domain or Workgroup. The user that the discovery service runs as, is configured after the Windows proxy is installed. Where that user is configured on hosts in the domain, the Windows proxy can log in and run discovery commands. The Active Directory Windows proxy does not use any credentials entered using the BMC Discovery user interface.

If I've 2 domain credentials:

- domain1\username1

- domain2\username2

I can configure ADDM with

- Scenario A

I can create a single Credential Windows proxy and I can set credentials (username1 and username2) in VA Credentials

- Scenario B

I can create 2 instances of active directory windows proxy and start these services with credentials (username1 and username2)

What is the best practice to configure ADDM (scenario A or scenario B)?

When I have to set a new credential on VA and when I have to create a new active directory windows proxy instance?

Regards

Marco