1 Reply Latest reply on May 15, 2019 11:55 PM by Swapnil Kumar Johari

Map CI from SR to all related tasks

Noah Genin
      Share This:

There is a field BMCServiceDesk_FKBMC_BaseElement__c field that attaches a CI to a record on the Base Element object. What would be the easiest way to map this field to the same field on all of the linked tasks?

So once this "Configuration Item/Asset" field is not null, I want to automatically map that CI to the "Configuration Item/Asset" field on all of the linked tasks.

Is this possible with a workflow rule? If so what would that look like? I can't seem to figure this one out!

• 1. Re: Map CI from SR to all related tasks
          Swapnil Kumar Johari

Hi Noah,

What I Understand is that you want to Link Services Attached to Service Requests to Related Tasks.

This Scenario is not Possible with Workflow because to attach the Service with Task, Records Needs to be create for object “Task CI Link”.

To do so, you can use Process Builder with following configurations:

1. Create process on Remedyforce Task Object.
          2. Define Following Condition in Criteria with all conditions  are met(AND):
            1. [BMCServiceDesk__Task__c].BMCServiceDesk__FKIncident__c isNull Boolean False
            2. [BMCServiceDesk__Task__c].BMCServiceDesk__FKIncident__c.BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__c isnull Boolean False
            3. [BMCServiceDesk__Task__c].BMCServiceDesk__FKIncident__c.BMCServiceDesk__isServiceRequest__c Equals Boolean True
          3. Create following Immediate Actions : Create Record on “TASK CI Link”:
            1. ObjectName String Task__c
            2. ObjectRecordID Field Reference [BMCServiceDesk__Task__c].Id
            3. Configuration Item Field Reference [BMCServiceDesk__Task__c].BMCServiceDesk__FKIncident__c.BMCServiceDesk__FKBusinessService__c.Id
            4. Task Field Reference  [BMCServiceDesk__Task__c].Id
          4. Save and Activate the Process Builder.

I hope this answered your Question.

Regards,

Swapnil

7 of 7 people found this helpful