2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2019 9:02 AM by Ali Khoshkar

Can patrol send data back over the internet?

Ali Khoshkar
      Share This:

Hello Everyone,

As an MSP, do we have to install an integration service in each customer environment we want to monitor or would it suffice to simply place patrol agents on the target nodes and have them talk back to the infrastructure server/integration host sitting here in our env?

Can the Patrol agents talk over the internet? (i.e. WAN)

If they can, what protocol do they use to secure the communication?

EDIT: I'm aware that documentation states "At least one Integration Service should exist for each secure network zone, and generally the Integration Service must be closer to the PATROL Agents ..."

But is this a hard-stop requirement or just best practice?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Can patrol send data back over the internet?
          Ali Khoshkar

I tested this myself by placing an agent on a server outside of our network, opening the agent related ports on the intermediary firewall, and it works

So now that I have confirmed only patrol agents need to be on tenant environment, what is the reason/advantage for having an integration service host on the tenant environment as well? Why would I do that vs. just have the agents talk back to the integration host sitting in my environment?

Also, still curious on the protocol used to secure the communication between patrol agent and integration service host / infrastructure management server.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can patrol send data back over the internet?
            Ali Khoshkar

Please.... not so many answers at once

I figured it out myself. Integration Host is used to logically separate the data. Placing one integration service host per tenant is a good way to segregate data (according to which integration service host its coming from).

Thanks for your help!

1 of 1 people found this helpful