6 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2019 9:37 AM by Cris Coffey

Trackit Client Management - admin account

Philipp Ernicke
      Share This:

Hi Guys,

Actually, I'm a BCM technician / consultant, but lately I get in contact with "TCM" more often.

First of all I have to say that I think it's pretty bad that people are using Trackit >=20.18 do not get the BCM icon on their desktop during the installation. But I'm stunned by the poor documentation regarding access to the BCM Console. It is absolutely nowhere documented with which account this should be done.
      With the "administrator" account and the assigned password (Trackit installation) I can log on to the websites (for example https://trackitmasterip:1610/inventory) but with that account I can not log in to the BCM console.

The default account for BCM is actually "admin" without a password, but this is also not accepted. After 3 attempts to log in, the account is locked. At least this proves that the console is set correctly.

Until now, I did not know what to do. The only way I know is to set the password for "admin" to 'blanc' with the SSMS at the DB. Then I was asked at the first login to the BCM Console to assign a new password. It really can not be that!

The whole Trackit-BCM story seems somehow half-finished to me (from the point of view of a BCM technician).

Can anyone help me?

I can not be the first to try to use the BCM "normally".

Actually it would be good to give people at least the obvious opportunity to take a look BCM detached from Trackit. So far I have not had a single customer who was not enthusiastic about BCM and wanted to expand the scope (buy more licenses )

Thanks in advance,

Phil

• 1. Re: Trackit Client Management - admin account
          Cris Coffey

Thanks for your feedback Philipp. Track-It! is designed to use Client Management under the hood because most Track-It! customers are not interested in dealing with the complexity of full BCM functionality. This was a design decision for our primary target customer base. Now there are some power users like yourself who want access to the full BCM console and that can be accessed by contacting support for the details. Do you have a support contact you can reach out to for help?

• 2. Re: Trackit Client Management - admin account
            Philipp Ernicke

Hi Cris,

Of course, you are right that most do not want that. I'm not interested in imposing BCM to anyone. To use the most important functions directly from Trackit is optimal. But to actively make it difficult for customers to at least take a look at BCM, is very surprising. An icon and a few sentences in the documentary that there is the console and that you can optionally use it would not have harmed anyone. The current policy of BMC patronizes the customers. At least that's my personal opinion.

By the way, I'm not a customer but a BMC partner. I myself was a customer for many years, but now I am working for a BMC partner.
            So it's not about that I am a poweruser, but that all our Trackit customers are positively impressed by BCM. There was not a single one here that would have been disapproving of BCM after showing with a demo license what you can do with it.

In my view, BMC would be well advised not to hide the access to BCM further.

Anyway. So you do not know with which account I should access BCM Console by default?

Greetings,

Phil

• 3. Re: Trackit Client Management - admin account
              Cris Coffey

Thanks again for the feedback. I would recommend contacting our support team through your channel to obtain information on how to access the BCM console. I cannot post accounts and passwords on the community.

• 4. Re: Trackit Client Management - admin account
                Philipp Ernicke

Thank you, I will do so.

Actually I thought there would be a default account with default password, like bcmdbuser, then it would not be a secret \__/

Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Trackit Client Management - admin account
                  Philipp Ernicke

"Unfortunately", I have to admit that the mistake as I have described it, apparently does not exist. Although I noticed that more than once but apparently something was wrong with the installations. I just installed Trackit 2019 again today and at the end the BCM "admin" password was 'blanc'. Just as it should be. It is obviously not a general mistake and therefore my ticket is irrelevant.
                  Sorry about the circumstances.

Phil

• 6. Re: Trackit Client Management - admin account
                    Cris Coffey

No problem Philipp. Let us know if you need any further assistance.