yassine MEDIOUNI
      Share This:

Hello,

My Control-m agent is running in 'LOG ON AS USER' mode

i have an MFT JOB with a connection profile : SMB_HM+SMB_HM

My issue :

I can't display documentation job

Error :

5507 AGENT ENCOUNTERED ERROR ERROR FROM AGENT : the agent works in logon as user mode but the password for job owner 'SMB_HM+SMB_HM' is not defined

Could you help me to resolve this issue ?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Yassine

• 1. Re: [Control-M][Job MFT] Documentation JOB
          Adriano Gomes

Hi yassine MEDIOUNI

Control-M Jobs type ^OS^ by default uses the account provided in the ^run as/owner^ field in order to execute the ^job/command/script^ and also to access the file/path provided as documentation.

The process changes a little bit when the job type is related to any Control-M ADD-On, as by default the value selected on the Connection profileaccount is automatically added to the field ^run as/owner^ on the Job form and it is commonly the name of a control-m connection profile completely unknow at Operating system level.

As You have mentioned, Control-M Agent is set to ^logon as user mode^ , I will supose it should be the Windows version and The  ^Control-M Agent Service^ is set to start as ^an specific existing loca/domain user^. 

When The  ^Control-M Agent ^ is set to this scenario it will require the agent to authenticate the ^account/owner/run as user^ prior performing operations, even accessing the documentation.

Summarizing, on Windows,  :

1) Define the user at local or Domain Level which matches exactly the ^connection profile account^ name selected for the job definition or;

2) Make the  ^Control-M Agent Service^ star mode as ^System^ account.

On Linux, by default the  ^Control-M Agent installation owner^ account is used to get access on documentation files/paths and you can workaround by granting <ctmagent> owner access to documentation files at OS level for ADD-ON job types.

Hope that it helps you.

A>Gomes

2 of 2 people found this helpful