1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2019 7:43 AM by Adriano Gomes

AFT on zLinux?

Michael Jankowski
      Share This:

Hi folks,

Short question to the group: Did any of you install and run AFT on z/Linux?

Regards,

MJ

• 1. Re: AFT on zLinux?
          Adriano Gomes

Hi Michael Jankowski

I am not sure whether you have handled this issue yet. AFAIK  Linux on Z platform is pretty much similar to what we are use to see on Suse and RH for Intel X86.

Thanks to your question I have noticed that the Last AFT version which use to support Z/Linux was 8.00 and it is currently out of order according to BMC announcement.

BMC - Sign In

..."BMC is announcing it will end support for Control-M for Advanced File Transfer on December 31, 2023. Version 7.x and 8.x reached end of support in July 2018. The only supported version is 8.2.00"...

BMC - Sign In

..."BMC recommends that you upgrade to Control-M for Advanced Transfer version 8.2.00.xxx or migrate to Control-M Managed File Transfer."

The fact is, accordingly with PAC Z/Linux is not supported by both 8.20.x and MFT as it used to be by previous versions up to 8.00.x

Take a look.

PAC for 8.00.00

BMC Product Availability and Compatibility

PAC for 8.20.00

BMC Product Availability and Compatibility

I have not noticed anywhere over the release notes the drop of support for those platforms and for  9.0.19 MFT Z/Linux is not listed. BMC Product Availability and Compatibility

I hope it helps enlighten you . Please double check with BMC Support Team and share with us.

My Best

A>Gomes

1 of 1 people found this helpful