2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2019 12:01 PM by Chris Forzaglia

Unable to edit the PF KEYS - Getting "PFK MASTER NOT SAVED" Message?

Chris Forzaglia
      Share:|

After editing my Keys in Auto Operations I am entering "SAVE" to keep the settings but I keep getting this "PFK MASTER NOT SAVED" Message in the Upper Right corner of the screen.  Then when I return to MainView AO the old keys settings are back.

• 1. Re: Unable to edit the PF KEYS - Getting "PFK MASTER NOT SAVED" Message?
          Simon Chang

Hi Chris

BBI PF keys can not be saved online if the MASTER keyword is specified in profile data set member BBIPFK, AOPFK, etc (PF keys

defined uniquely for various BBI applications).

If profile data sets are shared between users and the MASTER keyword is NOT specified, one user can overlay another user's changes.  If profile data sets are not shared, MASTER need not be specified but it is coded as the default.  You must edit the profile data set and remove this keyword to allow online updating of the PF key definitions.

The PF key update function will store a new XXPFK member in the FIRST dataset in the BBIPROF concatenation, when the changes are SAVEd.

However, if a system BBPROF is in the concatenation, and MASTER is specified in its xxPFK member, then saving is not permitted. If MASTER

is removed from from the PFK member, the changes will be saved into the FIRST dataset in the concatenation, which should be a *user* dataset (i.e., UBBPROF).

When the save is rejected, the error msg reads: PFK MASTER NOT SAVED.

Regards

Simon

• 2. Re: Unable to edit the PF KEYS - Getting "PFK MASTER NOT SAVED" Message?
            Chris Forzaglia

Thanks! That did the trick.  I missed that in the new YouTube video.

I simply copied the BBIPFK member from BBPROF to my SBBPROF dataset and commented out the MASTER parm.

Now I can save my own keys.