1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2019 5:44 AM by Carl Wilson

retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module

seetharaman k
      Share:|

i have two change tickets in my remedy dev instance in "Scheduled" Status. following are the screen shots of the change tickets and i have also attached screen shots of the coresponding CI related to these tickets. both belongs to same CI.

now , i am using get changes by status  available inside the Autopilot OA change management module to retrieve those changes. but unfortunately am not able to get the results. attached is the log.

screen shots

===========

first_change_management.png

first_change_management_configration_item.png

second_change_management.pngsecond_change_management_configration_item.png

inputs.png

Message was edited by: Seetharaman K i have added two more log files , which shows error values while executing the work flow.

Message was edited by: Seetharaman K attached a error log 3 : refer the thread  to know when this error log comes in to picure and refer the file error_3.txt file

• 1. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
          Henrik Hauchwitz

Hi Seetharaman,

I think your main issue is simply the value you used for "configuration name".
          The Workflow includes the following explanation for that value:

String Value - The name of a configuration item defined in a configuration module.

Example: BMC_AR_System, HP_ServiceCenter,BMC_Remedyforce, ServiceNow

Which means any value other than the four that are listed, will most likely give an empty result.
          Try "BMC_AR_System" as the value here, as that's the one representing remedy.

Best regards,
          Henrik

• 2. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
            seetharaman k

well you are apparently right. i tried also and as expected it pulled the results.  but still as i have attached the configuration name of the changes which i have created as test data , why those changes are not being pulled ?

i got those configuration item name from the relationship tab of the CR. is that wrong ?

configuration  name is different from configuration item name ?

• 3. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
              Henrik Hauchwitz

The configuration name that is used here is not something from within remedy but instead reffers to instances within the AutoPilot-OA-Change_Management modules own configuration.
              If you open the module configuration within the Development Studio, you'll find these configs and as you can see, they are the same as the ones listed as valid values.

The process you're testing here uses the basic get change workflow. This workflow contains a switch activity which looks like this.

And while it does have a path for custom configuration names, that path has no activities in it whatsoever.

If you genuinly wanted to use a custom config, you'd have to fill that path with all necessary activities and in addition to that, you'd have to create a corresponding configuration item.

Long story short, while there are ways to do this, the easiest and in your case sufficient way is to use the BMC_AR_System config. ^^

Best regards,
              Henrik

• 4. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                seetharaman k

well i  got your answer 97% just one part is bit unclear

firstly ,

//If you genuinly wanted to use a custom config, you'd have to fill that path with all necessary activities and in addition to that, you'd have to create a corresponding configuration item.// ---> this means i need to put some drag and drop and do some stuffs inside the get_change workflow to retrieve values for my custom configration items. i understand this . but what i do not understand is why would i have to create a custom configuration item ? because there is already one and am trying to retrieve changes related to that right ? in my case its "pr&I" (please refer to the screen shot in my original question  and conform ).

secondly when you say i need fill the path for custom configuration item i hope it is similar to the other paths like ARsystem etc .,

so what i have to do

i will have to add an entry in the module configuration for my custom configration item say "pr&I" and do all the mappings they did for the other CIs. like below

creating custom configration.png

thirdly ,

if you still recommend to use , rather it is easier to use BMC_Remedy_AR config , the problm is it is  giving lots of change change records !!! so every time when this work flow runs it will retreve all  changes then later on i need to filter from it ?

in that case also would i be able to filter for the custom configuration from this result ?

• 5. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                  Henrik Hauchwitz

I think you've mixed up two things here.

My fault, I wrote configuration item while reffering to an item within the module configuration.
                  Should be more carefull with my wording here. ^^

Like I said, the value for "configuration name" does not reffer to something within remedy.

Basically what the "configuration name" does is to tell your Orchestrator what kind of itsm tool you're using.
                  e.g. BMC Remedy or Fujitsu ServiceNow or HPs ServiceCenter

As for designing the custom path, I think this is not a trivial thing to do.
                  The module configuration you've made a screenshot of contains a lot of mappings tho translate from clear text input values to remedys database values.
                  A custom implementation would require you to create a module configuration on the level of BMC_AR_System, ServiceNow and the others I listed in my previous post.

Lastly, if you want to have a more precise result, you should think about using the standard "get changes" workflow. Here you can define your own query to make sure you only get changes with a status of "scheduled" and "pr&l" as the linked CI.

This page from the documentation can help you build a query that does exactly what you want.
                  Change Management module search workflows - Documentation for (archive) BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content 20.13.02 - BMC D…

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                    seetharaman k

i am clear with your answer but one area is still  unclear ,

you as an expert yourself saying creating a custom path is tedious.

//

Lastly, if you want to have a more precise result, you should think about using the standard "get changes" workflow. Here you can define your own query to make sure you only get changes with a status of "scheduled" and "pr&l" as the linked CI.

This page from the documentation can help you build a query that does exactly what you want.//

this again means that i should create  custom path ? or something else like using the existing set up ?  why i am asking this is because , i have a configuration name as pr&I does this mean that these changes are coming from an external system like "service center" "remedy force"  ? like an external system named "pr&I" ?? 

• 7. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                      Henrik Hauchwitz

My suggestion does not include a custom path, it is merely a narrower definition as to which changes remedy should return to you.
                      You want to query remedy data and thus you should use the predefined remedy value, which is "BMC_AR_System".

Again "pr&l" is the name of a CI you created within Remedy and linked to those changes, it is not however the name of a module configuration within your Orchestrator. And it definitely is not the name of an ITSM tool such as remedy itself. (Simply becaus it is merely an item you created within an actual itsm tool)

You can however use the name of your CI to narrow down the results of the "get changes" workflow, by using a query along the lines of
                      "Show only changes with status=scheduled AND CI-name=pr&l".

• 8. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                        seetharaman k

below are  the inputs  i gave

input_for_get_changes_workfloq.png

i got below error  and flow stopped at the first activity itself.

see the attached error log  file "error1". attached

then i dragged and dropped "set change version flag" work flow as first activity , then work flow ran but again got another error , notsure whether this is related to my input values which am giving.

refer error log file "error2" attached

• 9. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                          Henrik Hauchwitz

Seems like the attachments in your post didn't work, so I'll try help you troubleshoot this without the logs.

first of all, you'll have to look up the names of the parameters you want to query.
                          "status" is probably correct as is, but for "CI-Name" you'll have to look up, in which way linked CIs are given back by the change form.

("CI-Name" was just meant as an example, I don't know the correct fieldname right now)

One way to do so, would be to execute the get changes by status workflow and look where in the result your CI name appears, as that would be the fieldname you need to use within your query.

I could imagine your secon error beeing something like unknown field or so.

• 10. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                            seetharaman k

while i try the solution that you gave below is the actual error . am not attaching this time. pasting that log will occupy lots of space .

https://textsaver.flap.tv/lists/2izt

• 11. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                              Henrik Hauchwitz

Fault details: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 10; columnNumber: 21; The reference to entity "l" must end with the ';' delimiter.]

This seems to be the issue here. As the start of line idicates, it's xml related (javax.xml.transform)
                              You'll have to mask the "&" in your "pr&l" value because the ampersand(&) has a special function within xml.
                              Try masking it as "&amp" so that you write your ci name as "pr&ampl" maybe that helps.

• 12. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                                Aryan Anantwar

Hi,

try to use the 'Disable output escaping' while using the context item containing the value with special characters (&).

ref.

Value of node - Documentation for TrueSight Orchestration Platform 8.1 - BMC Documentation

Text node - Documentation for TrueSight Orchestration Platform 8.1 - BMC Documentation

Regards,

Aryan Anantwar

• 13. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                                  seetharaman k

while tried the input value as pr&ampl am still getting same error as above

Error

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 10; columnNumber: 24; The reference to entity "ampl" must end with the ';' delimiter.

Caused by:

Summary: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 10; columnNumber: 24; The reference to entity "ampl" must end with the ';' delimiter.

Caused by:

Summary: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 10; columnNumber: 24; The reference to entity "ampl" must end with the ';' delimiter.

Caused by:

Summary: The reference to entity "ampl" must end with the ';' delimiter.

]

*************************************************************************************************************************************

i tried the other way around , like retrieving the changes only by status alone , below is the execution , while the input is only one key and value . and query be like <value> 'key 1' = "value 1" </value>. the execution as you can see went up to Extract count activity. but ended in error. attached is the error 3 log below is the link for the log

https://textsaver.flap.tv/lists/2izu

https://textsaver.flap.tv/lists/2izu

the important part of the log is

error

Error occured performing remedy action: Message[summary=Error occurred while querying for field IDs on Remedy schema 'CHG:Infrastructure Change'., detail='Message[summary=Error occurred while executing query ' 'key 1' = "value 1" ' on Remedy schema 'CHG:Infrastructure Change'., detail='Message[summary=Exception occured in Adapter 'ARSAdapter'., detail=Remedy exception: '[Type=2][Num=4558][Text=Qualification line error][AppendedText= at position 0.]']']']

]

my lack of knowledge in remedy is actually extending the conversation i think. but am also trying my level best from my end to figure out and solve this.

latest_execution_went_up_to_failure_activity.png

• 14. Re: retrieving change ticket  via autopilot  change management module
                                    Aryan Anantwar

Hi,

'key 1' = "value 1" represents the field name and value for that field which you should provide to Key1 and value1 input parameters of query workflow.

Regards,

Aryan Anantwar

1 2 Previous Next