2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2019 9:15 AM by Sinisa Mikor

Importing Assets using Spoon - connection missing between forms

Yvonne Thompson
      Share This:

So I have been trying to import assets from a spreadsheet into Remedy using Spoon.

I understand that some of the fields I am trying to load - Order ID, Project Number, Floor, Received Date - are on the AST:Attributes form, so I need to update those as well.

Edit: It looks like a lot of other things are screwed up if I try to do the extra inserts manually, BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement's ReconciliationID no longer matches AST:Attributes, so AST:AST-TableJoin doesn't work, along with numerous others I'm sure.  Is there maybe something which triggers these that I can execute?  Or some way to 'commit' the CMDB Output so these will be done automatically as usual?   Then update the values on the AST:Attributes manually after the fact?

----

After I load the record into the CMDB form, it will automatically create the AST:Attributes record and default fields.  If I try to use AROutput to create the AST:Attributes record instead, it seems to interrupt the process, and ALL of the fields the were being defaulted I now need to set manually.  It's tedious but I can do it.

My problem is that after the AST:Attributes record is created - there is no link between it and the CMDB form and all the fields I set remain blank on the CMDB form.  Is there something I need to trigger to establish this 'connection' and have the CMDB form reflect the values in AST:Attributes?

eg:

Load CMDB. Stop.  AST:Attributes record created with all defaults, visible on AST:ComputerSystem.

Load CMDB -> Create AST:Attributes record manually.  Record only has the values I specified, no defaults.  None visible on AST:ComputerSystem.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Importing Assets using Spoon - connection missing between forms
          Ankit Tiwari

I think the key which joins CMDB form and AST: Attribute is Reconcilation ID. You need to map AST: Attribute record with corresponding CMDB form record with recon id.

In spoon job, you can add a step to retrieve Reconcilation ID generated after pushing data in CMDB form. After that you can have a step to push values in AST:Attribute form along with Reconcilation ID.

You can try this approach.

Regards,

Ankit

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Importing Assets using Spoon - connection missing between forms
            Sinisa Mikor

You could use CMDBOutput in your transformation to create records in BMC.ITSM.CI.DATA dataset and pass along their Instance IDs to ARUpsert into AST:LoadAttributes together with ParentJobID and Parent_Job_GUID (captured via Get Variables action in this case), add that transformation to a Spoon job which you'll use to define job in Atrium Integrator if you don't have one already.  When that is prepared, you can define DTM job with steps set up as:

Load

Step Type                              Load

Staginfg Form Category        Transactional

Step Group                            CI Data

Atrium Integrator Name         <your Atrium Integrator job>

Validate

Step Type                              Validate

Staging Form Name              AST:LoadAttributes

Promote

Step Type                              Promote

Staging Form Name              AST:LoadAttributes

Once attributes are promoted, run normalization and reconciliation (BMC Asset Management CI DATA LOAD can handle the latter just fine unless there are custom attributes) and they will show up in AST:Attributes so they will be visible in AST:<Class> forms as well.