6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2019 5:14 PM by Jeremy Jorgensen

How would I make a cyclic job stop cyclic after 3 failures in a row WITHOUT throwing an alert?

Jeremy Jorgensen
      Share:|

I have a series of jobs (database alog backups and honestly other cyclics) that I need to modify so that it will:

1. Not throw an alert on every failure

2. have 3 consecutive failures before it throws an alert (and stop cyclic)

If I have an ON-DO when it ends NOTOK to set it OK, it resets the failure counter BUT it doesn't throw an alert

If it actually ends OK, I WANT it to reset the failure counter.

ON "Job's number of failures" >= 3 DO is easy, but still throws an alert on every failure.

I've read that this can be done by defining a variable with ctmvar, but I have ~400 jobs and I don't want to create 400 variables and modify 400 jobs, plus create a new variable when I create a new job. I tried this with local variables, but I couldn't get it to properly increment, even with %%PLUS (but this would probably be ideal, especially if I could just use something simple like %%JobErrorCount for every job)

I have not discounted completely changing AlertOnAbend to 0, since Find and Update to add a generic "Ended not OK" alert when jobs end NOTOK to all jobs is easier than manually coding variables in hundreds of jobs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Control-M 9.0.18.200 (because 9.0.19 came out 24h after we migrated)