4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2019 4:09 PM by Lonnie Murray

How to solve "undefined reference to `ARInitialization'" with C API?

Lonnie Murray
      Share:|

Can I get some help getting started with the C API?  I'm trying to run the C examples in Windows and compile them with MinGW and I keep getting:

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x16b): undefined reference to `ARInitialization'

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x1bf): undefined reference to `FreeARStatusList'

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x1f6): undefined reference to `ARLoadARQualifierStruct'

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x2f8): undefined reference to `ARGetListEntryWithFields'

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x34c): undefined reference to `FreeARStatusList'

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x360): undefined reference to `FreeARQualifierStruct'

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x374): undefined reference to `FreeAREntryListFieldList'

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x56c): undefined reference to `FreeAREntryListFieldValueList'

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x580): undefined reference to `ARTermination'

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\temp\ccYrTkYk.o:test.c:(.text+0x5d4): undefined reference to `FreeARStatusList'

Does anyone have a complete example of how to compile and run the test examples (It's been almost 30 years since I wrote in C...)