2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2019 3:18 AM by Loaone Seleka

Ports and Queues on a server group environment

Loaone Seleka
      Share:|

Good Day,

We have two app servers which i can see that the escalation threads are configured but they do not have the same values. Can this cause that some escalations not to run because i can see on our escalation log that only escalations on pool 2 are working. May you please assist me as we have some escalations that should run on different pools but currently only pool 2 is working.

Remedy Server 1

Remedy Server 2

May you please assist me with this.

Regards,

Loaone

• 1. Re: Ports and Queues on a server group environment
          Mark Walters

For escalations both min and max thread values should be set to the same number which matches the number of pools you have assigned to escalations via the Developer Studio.  The values should be the same on both servers so that either can handle the load in the event of a failover.   If you have fewer threads available than allocated pools then those escalations assigned to the pools which do not have threads will run on the default pool which may lead to contention and skipped escalations.

Double check how many pools you want to use, set this on both servers, restart the servers, and monitor.  If there's still an issue what is your version?  There have been defects along the way that can cause escalations not to run.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Ports and Queues on a server group environment
            Loaone Seleka

Good Day,

I have changed both my servers to use the below setting for my escalation thread. I have restarted the servers after the configuration changes but still some of the escalations are not working. We are currently running Remedy 7.6.04 SP5

Below is some of the escalations that we have assigned and pool and the maximum pool we have is 6.

Below is an example of an escalation which supposed to run every 15 minute interval but nothing is happening.

Please assist as I am not sure what can be causing this.

Regards,

Loaone