6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2019 1:35 PM by Adriano Gomes

Ordering an Independent Flow

Ian Matthews
      Share:|

Hi all.  I am running Control-M (EM v 9.18) and was wondering if someone could help with the following.

I would like to know if there is a way to order individual jobs (which have already been scheduled for the day) as an independent flow?

i.e. - Not having any dependencies to and from the jobs that have already been scheduled for the day.

I know it is possible to order a whole table as an independent flow (were unique numeric identifiers are appended to the IN / OUT conditions), but this does not appear to be possible for individual jobs. 

• 1. Re: Ordering an Independent Flow
          Vishnu Nair

I believe Mark is on v.9.18???  Mark, is this something you can help Ian with?

• 2. Re: Ordering an Independent Flow
            George Lau

As an alternative to "order as independent flow" available for an entire folder, set Order Date (i.e. ODATE) different from that of existing jobs to make them "independent" for individual jobs. Checkbox "Wait for Order Date to run" should be cleared (default) for the jobs to be eligible to run during current work day.

Take note of the following points:

1) If job condition uses "Any Date" (i.e. "****" or "$$$$") or "No Date" (i.e. "STAT"), this will not work.

2) if job uses variable %%ODATE for any purpose, this will return the date you have chosen.

3) If ODATE is set to few days ago, there may be existing conditions from previous run to affect execution of this "independent flow". Or if ODATE is set to few days in the future, conditions created by for this "independent flow" and without cleanup will affect future executions. In either case, clear the conditions accordingly.

Hope this helps.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Ordering an Independent Flow

Hi Ian Matthews

You can have such close capability by providing "VARIABLES" values at ordering TIME to CONDITION NAMES that carry a suffix.

Actually You can also Modify JOB FORM Variables dynamically, like JOBNAME to make it unique without duplicating it.

Modify JOBNAME prior ordering works like RENAME.

Specifically for CONDITIONS names, You will need to duplicate your Folder or Job and  modify it by adding:

Then Edit Condition Names with your VARIABLE sufix.

Once the JOB is written to CTM EM, it can be ordered differently each and every time by providing a %%COND_SUFIX variable value at ordering moment or command line like this below:

So you will have you job uniquelly ordered on Active.

Rgds

A>Gomes

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Ordering an Independent Flow
                Ian Matthews

Many thanks to your responses on this.  I will give them a go, but hopefully BMC will also apply the Independant Flow logic to the ordering of individual jobs as well.

• 5. Re: Ordering an Independent Flow
                  Mark Francome

If it is only a few jobs, order as held and edit the jobs to remove conditions processing and then delete the jobs you don't need. Release jobs in the required sequence.

That's how a lazy cheat like me would roll ...

• 6. Re: Ordering an Independent Flow

Hi, is there any BMC commit for this .."but hopefully BMC will also apply the Independant Flow logic to the ordering"?

Have you registered  a RFE ID?

Rgds

A>Gomes