1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2019 2:47 PM by Tony Chung

Service Cost in Approval Information

Cody Dean
      Share This:

Good Morning,

I am looking for suggestions on how to pull the service cost information from a DWP request into the approval details, so the person approving has knowledge of what it will cost.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Service Cost in Approval Information
          Tony Chung

Hi Cody Dean!

I agree that some level of costing should be supported out of the box for approval requests. But in the meanwhile we have a workaround. You should be able to add one of the cost properties from the service broker context object in the approval summary.

Here's how I would do it:

Illustrated example

approval_cost.png

1. Create an input variable for Service Broker Context (e.g. "reqContext"). Usually you would create one anyway.
          2. Create a local text variable to write the summary (e.g. LOC_approvalsummary)
          3. Before calling the approval process, use a Compute Value to concatenate the service name with the service cost. In the above example we use the one time cost, but you have three cost options:
            • Service One Time Cost
            • Service Monthly Cost
            • Service Yearly Cost
          4. In the Call Activity that you use to request the approval, place in the Approval Summary field the LOC_approvalsummary variable.

When a user requests the service (e.g. My Wonderful Service), it sends a request to the approver's Activity Timeline that shows the name of the service and the cost. For example:

approval_cost_myit.png

This approval summary also appears in Approval Central. Whatever you include in the approval summary will be passed through. There might be a character limit in your system, though, so I would check that adding more information will not trigger an error. I haven't triggered any in all the services I've built in dev and in the wild so far.

1 of 1 people found this helpful