4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2019 3:37 PM by Maria Riccelli

Sunburst configuration problem

David Buchanan
      Share:|

TSCO/TSPS 11.3.01.001 CHF 11.

I have configured a Sunburst view on our TSPS server with the following selections.

1st System type = Virtual Cluster - VMware          Size = CPU_TOTAL_MHZ     Utilisation = CPU_UTIL

Apply and save these settings and view the chart.

When hovering over the chart, the Cluster Name, Type, Utilisation and Size are all correct ( Chart is red as it's a highly utilised Dev cluster )

All good so far.

Add the 2nd System Type = Virtual Host - VMware     Size = CPU_TOTAL_MHZ     Utilisation = CPU_UTIL

Apply and save these settings and view the chart, which is now all orange.

Still, the Cluster Name, Type, Utilisation and Size are correct when hovering over the chart, as are the names, types, utilisation and size of each of the hosts now on the outer part of the chart.

Still all good but the next step makes a mess of the Sunburst chart.

Add the 3rd System Type = Virtual Machine - VMware     Size = CPU_LIMIT_MHZ ( I've also tried using CPU_MHZ )     Utilisation = CPU_UTILMHZ ( I've also tried CPU_UTIL )

Apply and save these settings.

The centre circle of the chart is yellow and the Cluster, Hosts and VMs are all grey indicating N/A.

In addition, the utilisation and size figures shown when hovering over the chart for Cluster, Hosts and VMs are all wrong.

For example, the Cluster now has N/A for utilisation and -427MHz ( negative ), the hosts also show N/A for utilisation and various negative figures for Size. similar for the Virtual Machines.

If I amend the 3rd System configuration to:     Size = CPU_MHZ     Utilisation = CPU_UTILMHZ     the result is as follows.

I get an all light blue sunburst chart.

The Cluster shows Utilisation  = 13% and Size = 1.27 THz ( I wish !!! )

The Hosts show utilisation of 10-20% ( should be 70-80% ) and various size figures up to 10 times actual host capacity, eg 444GHz for a host of 40GHz capacity.

Has anyone out there successfully configured a Cluster / Host / Virtual Machine CPU utilisation sunburst similar to what I've described above ?

If so, please can you advice where I've gone wrong.

Many thanks in advance.

David