14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2019 4:54 AM by Marek Ceizel

ITSM Patches for DWP confusion

Marek Ceizel
      Share:|

Hello,

With introduction of Version ITSM 18.08 and DWP/Catalog 18.11 I'm really confused about the required Patches. Let me put here the same question I sent to support:

Our start configuration is:

ITSM 9.1.04.002

DWP 18.02

DWP Catalog 18.02

What I did:

1. Upgraded DWP to 18.05->18.05.001->18.11 (according to documentation if the current DWP version is 18.02 there is no ITSM patch needed for upgrade).
      2. Applied the DWP Catalog Patch to ITSM (DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip)
      3. Upgraded DWP Catalog to 18.05->18.11
      4. Upgraded ITSM to 18.08.001

My two questions:

1. What do we need to install after ITSM Upgrade to make DWP and everything to work OK ?
      2. When should be following patches used ?
        1. DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip
        2. Remedy-ITSM-integration-patch-for-BMC-Digital-Workplace-Catalog-18.11.00.000.zip
        3. DigitalWorkplaceITSMIntegrationPatch18.05.00.windows.zip

My confusion to the two question are the packages DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip and Remedy-ITSM-integration-patch-for-BMC-Digital-Workplace-Catalog-18.11.00.000.zip. They are quite similar but not the same. One is deployment package another install.bat. But the main file inside connectorintegration-18.11.00.000.jar has different size

The third package DigitalWorkplaceITSMIntegrationPatch18.05.00.windows.zip is huge and contains a lot.

Anybody can clearly state when and what from this 3 ITSM patches do we need to implement ? I think more people are confused about this

ping@John Gallagher

thanks

Marek

• 2. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
          Stefan Hall

The itsm Integration Patch must be reinstalled whenever you update the Remedy Suite. The correct version for DWP 18.11 is 18.08.

• 3. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
            Marek Ceizel

Hi Stefan,

Do you mean  DigitalWorkplaceITSMIntegrationPatch18.05.00.windows.zip (120 MB) ? If yes, there is no version 18.08 of that patch and this one is huge. Is it sure ?

If you mean some of the other which one should be used when ?

Additionally I upgraded ITSM to 1808 without any patch and everything is working fine. 

So the confusion is quite big and I would like to get exact info. At best with link to documentation (but I don't think that exist).

thanks

Marek

• 4. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
              Andreas Mitterdorfer

Where did you find DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip ? I'm not able to locate it on EPD.

I have a similar setup (fresh install though) and only installed b) and c) .

• 5. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                Marek Ceizel

Hi Andreas,

In product Remedy Service Desk Application -> Version 18.08.00 -> Patches -> Remedy ITSM Version 18.08.00 Patch 001 Deployment Management Package for BMC Digital Workplace Advanced 18.11.00

it is quite similar to b) but not the same

regards

Marek

• 6. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                  Andreas Mitterdorfer

Thanks for the info!

Have you seen the DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip (From Remedy ITSM Versio n18.08.00 Patch 001 Deployment Managment Package for BMC Digital Workplace 18.11.00)?

For this i found

Installing the ITSM integration patch - Documentation for BMC Digital Workplace Advanced 18.11 - BMC Documentation

stating:

If you have installed the Digital Workplace ITSM patch (DWP 1811 for ITSM 1808 Patch 001) available with BMC Remedy ITSM 18.08.001, you will not need to download or install this patch.

Similarily

Integrating Remedy applications with BMC Digital Workplace Catalog - Documentation for BMC Digital Workplace Advanced 18…

states

If you have installed the Digital Workplace ITSM patch (DWP Catalog 1811 for ITSM 1808 Patch 001) available with BMC Remedy ITSM 18.08.001, you will not need to download or install the Remedy ITSM integration patch for BMC Digital Workplace Catalog. You must configure connections for ITSM functionality as described below.

IMHO this is the explanation for DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip, however I agree with you and think the .jar should be the same.

• 7. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                    Marek Ceizel

Hello Andreas,

I know the page. That is exaclty the confusion page.

What file is exactly meant by DWP 1811 for ITSM 1808 Patch 001?

Where did you find the file DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip?

thanks a lot

Marek

• 8. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                      Marek Ceizel

Additionally it looks like one has to install something for DWP Catalog and something for DWP (previously MyIT).

Is there something required for both? Or only for Catalog ? What and when ?

No clear description

• 9. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                        Andreas Mitterdorfer

DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip is downloadable from EPD unter "Remedy ITSM Version 18.08.00 Patch 001 Deployment Managment Package for BMC Digital Workplace 18.11.00" (two urls up resp. down from the ones you marked in the screenshot).

For me the wording in documentation - DWP 1811 for ITSM 1808 Patch 001 - references to the DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip file. The same seems true for "DWP Catalog 1811 for ITSM 1808 Patch 001" with DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip file.

In my understanding:

You can install either a) or b) it should result in the same.

Also you can install either DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip or c)

Edit:

Yes there is something required for both.

a) or b) for DWP Catalog connection

DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip or c) for DWP connection

• 10. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                          Marek Ceizel

Hello Andreas,

II'm really not sure where is the truth. But some points to your opinions:

Firstly install either DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip or DigitalWorkplaceITSMIntegrationPatch18.05.00.windows.zip (c)

is quite difference. The content of the files is different. And even the second is big because of jre and setup.jar they are totally different.

Secondly install either DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip (a) or Remedy-ITSM-integration-patch-for-BMC-Digital-Workplace-Catalog-18.11.00.000.zip (b)

is quite differenct too. The packages are different with different jar files. no explanation anywhere.

And at last some naming convetions (how I understand it):

DWP = Digital Workplace Basic

DWP Advanced = Digital Workplace Advanced

DWP Catalog = Digital Workplace Catalog

For the package DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip I would say that is package for Digital Workplace Basic as there is just digital workplace

For the package DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip I would say it is for Digital Workplace Advanced as there is written Advance. But in filename is Catalog so it should be Catalog

It is clear somebody is naming DWP as Digital Worplace and DWP Catalog as Digital Workplace Advance but that makes just more confusion. Even more when BMC itself doesn't know how to name the packages. If it will be used like that how should I say that I installed Digital Wokplace Advanced but not Digital worplace Catalog ?

is starts to be annoying

thanks

Marek

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                          • 11. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                            Sirjad Acharath Parakkat

Hi Marek,

There are two ITSM integration patch for DWP

1) DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip OR DigitalWorkplaceITSMIntegrationPatch18.05.00.windows.zip

This replaces the old UX patch for DWP/MyIT and it is a requirement for DWP/MyIT.

2) DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip or Remedy-ITSM-integration-patch-for-BMC-Digital-Workplace-Catalog-18.11.00.000.zip

This patch is only required if you have DWP Catalog/Service Broker.

There are two ways to deploy the integration files, which is why you have two zip files on the EPD

1) Standard Installer - This will work with all supported AR/ITSM versions (9.1.x and above)

2) D2P Package - This will only work if your ITSM is 18.08.Patch 1 and above.

Please let me know if you still have confusion. We can do a quick call and discuss

Regards

Sirjad

• 12. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                              Marek Ceizel

Hello Sirjad,

So let's discuss this. I already know about DWP Catalog patches and you are wrong.

Point 2 is not OR (DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip or Remedy-ITSM-integration-patch-for-BMC-Digital-Workplace-Catalog-18.11.00.000.zip)

Because the patch DWPCatalog1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-3.zip doesn't contain any of the filters INT:DWP* . Therefore the second one is the correct one Remedy-ITSM-integration-patch-for-BMC-Digital-Workplace-Catalog-18.11.00.000.zip

As point 2 was wrong I cannot be sure neither with point 1. The patches are totaly different and beside setup is the DigitalWorkplaceITSMIntegrationPatch18.05.00.windows.zip much much much much bigger and contains lot more.

Please clarify this again.

thanks

best regards

Marek

• 13. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                                Marek Ceizel

Hello Sirjad,

I just checked the packages for DWP (point 1) and just an easy example.

In package DWP1811forITSM1808Patch001_18.11-5.zip there is not too much. Some forms, filters and data for the new forms. However beside other there are also forms:

• MYIT:Service_Request
                                • MYIT:ServiceRequestDefinitionActions
                                • MYIT:ServiceRequestDefinitionActionsMapping

In the other package DigitalWorkplaceITSMIntegrationPatch18.05.00.windows.zip i found a file FormsToDelete_9.1.xml where are exactly these 3 forms in the list (to delete).

This is just one example that you understand why we need a clear statement also for these packages.

regards

Marek

• 14. Re: ITSM Patches for DWP confusion
                                  Marek Ceizel

Hello together,

Here some official statements from Support:

- Regarding DWP Catalog Patches:

*for ITSM patch for DWP catalog D2P package, we did find that INT:DWP* filters were missing and it is fixed in DRMY1-14236

- Regrading DWP Patches:

*There is no discrepancy between ITSM Patch for DWP installer and D2P package.

*for DWP, we guess the question is related to FormsToDelete_9.1.xml where we remove the service request joins forms, but those are imported back using myit-srm-*.def file
                                  *You don’t have to reinstall the DWP integration patch after ITSM upgrade. (ITSM upgrade 9.1.04->18.08, DWP Upgrade 18.02->18.11)

regards

Marek

1 of 1 people found this helpful