6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2019 11:41 PM by Majd Alsadi

Line Manager approval

Majd Alsadi
      Share This:

Hi experts,

I am working with BMC Remedy 9.1.06 version. I have tried to create SRD filling the Approval Type field  with Manager, but when request the
      service never appears in the Manager User the service to approve and when i search on the request on the service request form the status is rejected and the status reason is :System Error, I don´t know if I do something wrong, I detail the process carried:

1º The SRD is configured in the Service Request tab with the Approval Type field filled with Manager.

2º In the CTM: People form, the user that request the service is assigned a manager in the Manager's Name and Manager's Login field in the More Details tab.

Also if i choose the approval type custom and build an approval chain that the first level is management chain it gives me the same error.

Anyhelp please.....

• 1. Re: Line Manager approval
          Majd Alsadi

Any suggestions please ??

Thank you

• 2. Re: Line Manager approval
            Marie Johnson

I am not exactly sure what you’ve set up and cannot see your screens.  So please walk through this Pulse article and see if you can set it up as directed.

The Pulse:  SRM Approval Chains and Implementing SRM Approvals based on a Users Response to a Question

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Line Manager approval
              Majd Alsadi

I do the same thing, below screen shots for what is did:

1) Create Test SRD

1.bmp

2) Create Approval Chain

2.PNG

3) Create Approval Mapping

3.PNG

Also if i choose the approval type (Manager) in the SRD it gives me the same error.

• 4. Re: Line Manager approval
                Pallavi Hadavale

Can you share approval debug logs with debug type 'All' and api/sql/filter?

Thanks and Regards,

Pallavi

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Line Manager approval
                  Marie Johnson

I agree with Pallavi Hadavale we need to look at the logs.

You are creating everything with the app admin id so there may be some tenancy issues going on here.  One thing that concerns me is the SRD is being set to a company (granted it is masked but I’m assuming you wouldn’t mask it if it said Global), not Global, correct?  And the rule is setup in Global, does the Approver that is setup belong to both (have unrestricted permissions)?  Try setting everything to Global & unrestricted and see if the issue goes away.  Make sure the Approver has permissions too.  If the issue goes away then you know you have a permission issue.  The logs will help as they will not find a matching record.

also you do not have the same selections as the guide.  On the SRD you haven’t established levels and you didn’t checkbox the Use Request Manager.  Then in the query you use the level for your qualification.  Level is exposed to AP And can be used.  So an SRD setup a level to equal manager then select that in the SRD, then fix your qualification.  FYI when you create levels these are reusable in your SRDs so you can have 15 SRDs that do the same Manager approval.  This is best practice.

let me know the results

• 6. Re: Line Manager approval
                    Majd Alsadi

You are creating everything with the app admin id so there may be some tenancy issues going on here.

I already build another SRDs with Custom approval and it's working fine with appadmin user, this SRD just for testing line manager approval.

One thing that concerns me is the SRD is being set to a company (granted it is masked but I’m assuming you wouldn’t mask it if it said Global), not Global, correct?  And the rule is setup in Global, does the Approver that is setup belong to both (have unrestricted permissions)?

Yes, it's not on Global and the approver have the unrestricted permissions but also didn't work.

On the SRD you haven’t established levels and you didn’t checkbox the Use Request Manager.

It's an test SRD there are SRDs built with Levels, And what is the request manager check box used for??

And i will try today to share the logs.

Note: i build an customization approval that bring the manager of user and its working fine,But i want to know why the OOTB manager approval is not working.

Thank you very much