4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2019 4:01 PM by Emile Steenkamp

Service outage action history

Emile Steenkamp
      Share:|

Our internal teams working on Incidents, problems are constantly changing between teams so it is not viable for them to use the Service Outage in Workspaces.

For them to use this it will need to be similar in functionality and layouts than the Incidents, Problem, Task layouts in the Console.

The Workspaces layouts are very limited:

2019-02-20_11-11-07.jpg

We are developing a layout that functions like the Incident, Task, problem history:

For the above red marked button, we need to make it function like the "New Action" Button on incident, Task, Problem History. This is the same functionality as in the first image "Actions". How do we code this button so it functions the same?

• 1. Re: Service outage action history
          Paul Donders

You will have to create a visualforce page in order to do so.

Why not help them and automate the creation? With a trigger based on conditions automatically create and update an outage?

Paul Donders

InfraVision

• 2. Re: Service outage action history
            Emile Steenkamp

Hi Paul, yes that's part of the process. We just need to capture actions the same way it's being done on Tasks, Incidents etc. as well.

• 3. Re: Service outage action history
              Emile Steenkamp

I found the correct VF page I need to call in this button but it's not showing up in the available options:

The VF page is :

And the class:

I tried following this documentation: Salesforce Developers

Is someone able to help me with getting this page showing up in the available VF pages above?

• 4. Re: Service outage action history
                Emile Steenkamp

What I found after the latest RF release was that the JS buttons was changed to URL's for Incident History and Task History, this is the same functionality I want to replicate so I tried using this approach on the Service Outage Action History object.

Task History "New Action" Button:

/apex/BMCServiceDesk__ConsoleRedirect?recordId={!BMCServiceDesk__Task__c.Id}&targetObjName=TaskHistory__c&recordState={!BMCServiceDesk__Task__c.BMCServiceDesk__state__c}&formulaFieldName=BUTTON&objName=Task__c&uiAction=add

Incident History "New Action" Button:

/apex/BMCServiceDesk__ConsoleRedirect?recordId={!BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c.Id}&targetObjName=IncidentHistory__c&recordState={!BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c.BMCServiceDesk__state__c}&formulaFieldName=BUTTON&objName=Incident__c&uiAction=addActions

My attempt to replicate this onto the Service Outage Action History object with "New Action" Button:

/apex/BMCServiceDesk__ConsoleRedirect?recordId={!BMCServiceDesk__Projected_Service_Outage__c.Id }&targetObjName=BMCServiceDesk__Unavailability_Action_History__c&recordState={!BMCServiceDesk__Projected_Service_Outage__c.State_Open__c}&formulaFieldName=BUTTON&objName=BMCServiceDesk__Projected_Service_Outage__c&uiAction=addActions

Unfortunately this is the result: