2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2019 7:00 PM by Marie Johnson

Please help to create this application

chakor kawale
      Share:|

When You close a window you should get a dialog box having button YES and NO, if YES save Request and Close window, if No Close Window without any system message

I have created 2 forms

1st form : added 3 fields : first name, last name, full name

2nd form: (Display only form) has trim text: Do you want to save this information? And had 2 buttons : YES and NO

Now what should i do so that when i close the window of 1st form then 2nd form will pop up and when i click on YES , it will save the info ind close the window. and if i close on NO , nothing will be saved and window will be closed.

• 1. Re: Please help to create this application
          Ganesh Gore

You need to refer remedy workflow guide.

In your case, couple of active links would do the trick. Enjoy

References:

Open Window action - Documentation for Remedy Action Request System 8.1 - BMC Documentation

• 2. Re: Please help to create this application
            Marie Johnson

So remedy is much simpler than this, I don’t understand why you want to make it this way And add more clicks that are unnessary to the end user.   additionally pop ups (regardless of language) don't work on all devices so, you are also boxing yourself into obsolescence, maintenance and difficulty.  Also, active links have issues with digital workplace, and smart it mobile Apps in android and iOS. 

Lets at look at this more holistically:

why would someone go login to a tool, find a form, fill it out and submit it if they didn’t want it to begin with?  That’s basically how I read what you said you have 3 field on a separate form to be filled out and when the submit it then you want to ask them are ya sure?  99% will say “duh! Why do ya think I entered it” and then find your question a nusense.  This type of development causes users to find ways around the system.  Granted this is small but imagine if they had to add 1000 people and deal with this every time!

So lets look at an epic story:  Your user needs to add, update, or obsolete a person’s profile.  The purpose of the updates are part of a larger process and requires an active start and end date for most plus the person entering the information may not be ready to submit ”all” data immediately.  The submitter would like to get notifications on things that cannot be created, are expiring/past due, and maybe some other states.

so you need only one form; not two.  If you have service request this is a perfect fit for it, if not create your own form for the request.  Put a status field (draft, new, inprocess, needs attention, rejected, active, hold, completed, archived), a request type field (new, update, retire), a process field (customers need like onboarding, vendor management, transfer or whatever process it is part of that they may want metrics on.), do they need a log, do they need an attachment for maybe a contract/agreement, do they need a field to relate an account, do they need some contact numbers/addresses,  put your fields on the form.  Then with active links that will validate the data on exit of each of the fields.  So if the person is new, does it already exist; do a lookup?  If it is a profile update or retire then does it exist; do a lookup?  In the active link you can, on error tell the end user a message so they can correct the info.  Then asked them when they want it active and if this will expire.  Send them notifications before these dates so that they can make adjustments.  Automatically update the status when you set it to “active”, if you reject, obsolete or archive it send them a notification;  if there’s a processing error put the status to “needs Attention” and send a notification.  Most things will sit in ‘active’.  For compliance reasons you may need a log, auditing of changes, justifications and so on but make it friendly, easy to use and able to provide value with metrics.

If if you still want pop up dialogs, then use the out of the box ‘Sys:message box’ form; not your own custom one!  Give each message a unique message tag and then call that message on error or failure.  You’ll need a few hidden workflow fields To make it work well But keep it agile and configurable.

nothing here needs a second custom form, it’s all very simple to do with standard coding even the messages.

1 of 1 people found this helpful