2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2019 5:25 AM by Peter Davenport

Want to know more about the new Sunburst as I am having a couple of issues

Peter Davenport
      Share:|

We are looking at the new Sunburst Display functionality in the Presentation Server as we can see some great potential, but we have some queries.

This has great potential uses with Virtual Machines/Virtual Hosts /virtual clusters but we would like link a Sunburst to a Sunburst.

So.

The first Sunburst would have Virtual Clusters in the inner ring and Virtual Hosts on the outer ring, (We did not include Virtual Machines in the third ring as the granularity is too great and the ring becomes unreadable. Also the program tries to compensate by cutting out some virtual hosts)

We would like to be able to create a link on the outer ring to a new ring that would have the virtual Host on the inner ring and the Virtual Machines on the outer ring.

Is this possible?

• 1. Re: Want to know more about the new Sunburst as I am having a couple of issues
          Amol Guldagad

Hi Peter,

Summarizing your request:

1. Create first sunburst Cluster (inner ring)-Host (outer ring)

2. Create second sunburst Host (inner ring)-VM (outer ring)

3. Link first sunburst outer ring to second sunburst (may be by filtering only selected hostID) so that you can see single Host in inner ring and respective VMs in outer ring

Currently, what is supported:

1. Create first sunburst Cluster (inner ring)-Host (outer ring)

2. Create second sunburst Host (inner ring)-VM (outer ring)

3. Link first sunburst outer ring to second sunburst (use link "")

But inner ring filtering is not supported for sunburst (by entity id), this is nice idea. with this approach, we can give more space to VM representation

Please raise idea for the same.

Please let me know if I am missing anything to cover requirement.

Thanks,

Amol 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Want to know more about the new Sunburst as I am having a couple of issues
            Peter Davenport

Hi Amol,

Thanks for that answer.

Its a shame , the inability to connect outer ring to new inner ring by entity id pretty much rules out the ability to use sunburst for VM's as it cannot go into enough detail.

thanks for your help,

Pete.