1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2019 2:55 PM by Jason Miller

How to do Application-Release-Pending (or is it still working in AR Server 9.1.06.001 201811180228)?

Misi Mladoniczky
      Share:|

Hi,

I have a multi-tier parent/child relationship situation, where the leaves can have more than one parent.

And I need each parents to be able to count the underlying tiers divided into different Statuses (New, WIP or Closed).

I want to do this within a single transaction using Filters, triggered by the end-leaf being has a change of Status ('Status' != 'DB.Status')

This might be a little more info than you need to answer my question, but it should be a typical situation where it should be OK to use the Run Process: Application-Release-Pending functionality.

My idea was to do the following, to make sure the child data was committed to the DB before the parent filters were executed. But maybe I am misunderstanding, or maybe the Application-Release-Pending does not really work any more...

Child Filter:

Run If: ('Status' != 'DB.Status')

Actions:

Run-Process: Application-Release-Pending

<here I was expecting the change in this Child record to be committed to the DB>

Push-Fields: to Parent

Count Status of Children = "Yes"

Parent Filter:

Run If: ('Count Status of Children' = "Yes")

Actions:

<count the children in each status based on the values in the DB>

I tried this, but the Application-Release-Pending does not seem to do anything. All the UPDATE operations are still performed at the end of the API-call ARSetEntry, meaning that I do not have access to the updated values in the database.

Or maybe I am just doing this in the wrong way...

Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://rrr.se

1 2 Previous Next