4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2019 10:18 AM by Andrew Waters

Customize section in a custom report

Ana Lorite
      Share:|

Hi everybody,

I would like to hide the customize section in a custom report. The thing is I don't know if it is possible

Thanks a million!!

Ana.

• 1. Re: Customize section in a custom report
          Brian Morris

I don't think you can do this with a permission so it affects just specific users, but I have noticed that some reports, such as the out of the box report "Host Distribution by Vendor" will have the  + Customize option not diplayed. If you have a summary or count displayed, the tool seems to hide this. Another thing I noticed that it also hides + Customize if I use PROCESSWITH and CountUnique.

So for example, this hides the Customize button:

SEARCH SoftwareInstance

WHERE NODECOUNT(TRAVERSE RunningSoftware:HostedSoftware:Host:Host)

SHOW type, product_version

PROCESS WITH countUnique(0)

Maybe you could try adding a count or another post processing function to your report and you'll get the effect you want.

• 2. Re: Customize section in a custom report
            Ana Lorite

Hi Brian Morris

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I took a look at so many reports and I noticed that too. Indeed, I usually use the countUnique(x) function but I wonder if there is a specific way to do that and not as a "side effect" of the countUnique function.

Thanks!!!

• 3. Re: Customize section in a custom report
              Brian Morris

Yeah the Host Distribution by Vendor is using countunique too.

• 4. Re: Customize section in a custom report
                Andrew Waters

There is no permission to control this. There is no side effect.

If will appear if the answer in a NodeSet, basically the result ends up with references to nodes in the datastore. So for example SEARCH Host you end up with Host nodes that can extract attributes for presenting in the UI. Something like countUnique count the number of values and hence there is no longer any reference to individual nodes so there is no option to modify the query.

1 of 1 people found this helpful